Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Ian Wright trying to sabotage us?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is that palace swine Ian Wright trying to sabotage us? We've all seen the 5Live video where he is bigging up Lewis Dunk, England call up etc...

Then he was on the Sky Sports PL Debate program last night with Darren Bent and they were talking about Everton and Leicester jobs. Ian Wright then says he can't believe Chris Hughton never gets linked to these jobs, has always done well with very little and can't understand why his name is never mentioned. (I got the feeling there might have been a slight 'race' tone going on but he never said it.)

Then the next segment was Q&A from Twitter and someone asked him about Lewis Dunk and how good he could be.. Wright says if he got into the England camp he would realise he is as good as any centre back we have, only a matter of time before he gets caps etc...... and may even have been a mention about Liverpool CB 'crisis'...

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
It seems to be a daily occurrence that Wright is bigging something up about us.

Even gave the supports a compliment when on MOTD the other week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well atleast he isn't Merson or Crooks who writes us off with no alaysis deeper that 'they got promoted and havent spent hundreds of millions'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is that palace swine Ian Wright trying to sabotage us? We've all seen the 5Live video where he is bigging up Lewis Dunk, England call up etc...

Then he was on the Sky Sports PL Debate program last night with Darren Bent and they were talking about Everton and Leicester jobs. Ian Wright then says he can't believe Chris Hughton never gets linked to these jobs, has always done well with very little and can't understand why his name is never mentioned. (I got the feeling there might have been a slight 'race' tone going on but he never said it.)

Then the next segment was Q&A from Twitter and someone asked him about Lewis Dunk and how good he could be.. Wright says if he got into the England camp he would realise he is as good as any centre back we have, only a matter of time before he gets caps etc...... and may even have been a mention about Liverpool CB 'crisis'...

Ha ha, I don't think he is stating anything we don't already know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It seems to be a daily occurrence that Wright is bigging something up about us.

Even gave the supports a compliment when on MOTD the other week.

Ian Wright was an underdog and didn't get into the professional game until he was 22, he wasn't even playing semi-professional before that! I think he's always loved an underdog story, and we surely fill that bill and then some. A lot of the pundits are seeing our no nonsense approach to the game, setting up to be organised and effective, and in an age of various systems, tippy tappy, high press, 3 at the back etc. etc. we are a refreshing good old fashioned, hard working honest team. We've seen it for a while of course, but taking a step back, you can see why a lot of the old pros are taking to us. I'm loving this season a lot more than I imagined so far, I feel far less daunted that I was in the summer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hang on a minute – loads of people on here are complaining because people are talking us DOWN. Now someone comes along and gives credit where it's due – Houghton IS underrated and Dunk IS going to play for England one day – and a load more people are upset? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang on a minute – loads of people on here are complaining because people are talking us DOWN. Now someone comes along and gives credit where it's due – Houghton IS underrated and Dunk IS going to play for England one day – and a load more people are upset? :shrug:

It's almost as if we're all w*****s.

Blimey how did that escape 'google'?
I'm going to do it myself, just in case.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

:ffsparr:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

00001c092-Chantelle_Houghton.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes of course he is the rejection from the Albion runs deep with him.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Ian Wright was an underdog and didn't get into the professional game until he was 22, he wasn't even playing semi-professional before that! I think he's always loved an underdog story, and we surely fill that bill and then some. A lot of the pundits are seeing our no nonsense approach to the game, setting up to be organised and effective, and in an age of various systems, tippy tappy, high press, 3 at the back etc. etc. we are a refreshing good old fashioned, hard working honest team. We've seen it for a while of course, but taking a step back, you can see why a lot of the old pros are taking to us. I'm loving this season a lot more than I imagined so far, I feel far less daunted that I was in the summer.

Agreed. What's not to like about us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
All these pundits are just starting to get to know our players. They haven’t got a clue about anything outside the premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here