Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That roar when we scored

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloody hell. Noisy or what? That will live in the memory a long time. Bloody love the way us Brighton fans are getting behind the team this season.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I couldn't make it today due to coming back from Dublin. My mate took my tickets and took his friend who is an Arsenal season ticket holder. Spoke to them when they dropped the tickets off, the Arsenal fan said he'd never heard an atmosphere like it, and was considering switching allegiance!

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
Yep, it’s great. Likewise the atmosphere at aways is, and will be great this year, I guess because it’s all new & we’re all up for it but I suspect future seasons will see a gradual decline in ‘roars’ and atmosphere - enjoy this years ride as much as you can

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Funnily enough I thought the atmosphere was the flattest this season
I blame it on the match time.

Sunday lunchtime is no time to be watching football IMO.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When you're in the stadium you don't really get it? How did it sound to those watching? I eyed Matty Ryan straight after we scored because of what he said during the week, watching him run 90 yards to the North Stand was pure gold.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Think you're wrong there, Man City wasn't this good. And I loved the 1.30pm Sunday KO, happy to have loads of them.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Agree with that. Never really got going. Still hundred times better than Arsenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thus far I'm disappointed by the PL fans. this year we have been great home and away but seems a lot of fans just aren't really interested from other away and home grounds I've been to it's been quite pedestrian Sad it's come to that.
I was away a few weeks ago in Germany and caught a game with a friend and I have to say it was a great atmosphere despite the result for the home fans

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Same. Sunday lunchtime doesn't help but I think it's more to do with the way the team are playing.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Sounded good on my stream. The commentator remarked that the way the stadium was built was designed to keep the noise inside creating a good atmosphere.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
One of my very favourite AMEX moments. Incredible noise! We are so lucky to have the crowd we do, Everton lot on the train said the train said it was deafening

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The atmosphere was generally flatter today than other games this season, and [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] suggested it was for the same reason you're suggesting.

However, some of the singing as we pressed in the last 20 minutes or so, as well as the post-goal Knockaert blast, were VERY loud indeed.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
What with shift work and all I usually only get to 5-6 matches a season (bad fan). Next up? Palace.

That should be nice and noisy :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Couldn't go today but watched on stream and it sounded absolutely brilliant! If that was the flattest it's been I'd like to rewatch WBA & Toon games! Not many Orem grounds are as noisy as ours now are they...? I and many others always said Amex atmo was at least top 6 in the champs.. :

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
One of my very favourite AMEX moments. Incredible noise! We are so lucky to have the crowd we do, Everton lot on the train said the train said it was deafening

This. Thought the atmos was great today and I love 1.30pm kick off’s on a Sunday - nothing like turning up and having a pie and a pint before the game! Roll on Southampton.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whereas this lot zzzzzzzzz

IMG_4286.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports