Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kane

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I watched Messi last night, and it was pretty amazing how he just seems to create and score goals. Tonight I'm watching Kane, and he has a similar knack of just being able to score! Ok, not quite at the Messi level, but the guy is an incredible finisher.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Messi was on planet Messi, last night.
Spurs have ridden their luck at times, but when you have Kane, well.......... brilliant

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
His one fault is his decision making at times, he took a shot from an angle in the second half when Son was free in the middle

If England want to win anything they need to build the side around him.

He's the one WC player we have

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
His one fault is his decision making at times, he took a shot from an angle in the second half when Son was free in the middle

Do you reckon a certain Mr Dunk is watching Mr Kane's movements tonight, I bet he is :thumbsup:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

He can be selfish at times but you could also argue that is what makes him so prolific. Brilliant player, we need to wrap him in cotton wool before the world cup.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Kane is fantastic and he should be used as an inspiration to all young footballers. He has worked unbelievably hard to get where he is now. He wasn't talked about as being a world superstar as a youngster like a lot of English kids but has got there through pure dedication to his craft.

I love watching him play. Today's game seems to be so much about pace, it's also great to see a player at the top of the game because of technical ability, clever movement and speed of thought. Pleased he's also done it on the European stage tonight.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
For me, Kane still has to make up for that free kick against Iceland and also to show he has enough big-game character.

I really don't know how anyone can doubt his character anymore.

Back to back golden boots
10 goals for England already
Faster to 100 goals for a club than Henry among others - at a lesser club as well.

Among others

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I really don't know how anyone can doubt his character anymore.

Back to back golden boots
10 goals for England already
Faster to 100 goals for a club than Henry among others - at a lesser club as well.

Among others

Fair enough - but he's been pretty anonymous against higher standard International teams (don't include friendlies) and has he played against many top European teams? It's too easy to look good against poor Premier League sides.

Not saying I don't like him or want him to do well, just that he still has a long way to go still.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Vastly different player that was in the Leicester side that got beat 3/1 down at the Amex a few seasons back ...WC as other posters have said

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think he is still improving but he already has a good all round game in the same style as Shearer. He's a finisher, can take a decent free kick, holds the ball up well, can "buy " a foul when up front on his own, not bad with his head ( Shearer superb at this ) and can run wide and supply a decent cross too. Hopefully he can avoid serious injury and can be a great striker for England.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think he is still improving but he already has a good all round game in the same style as Shearer. He's a finisher, can take a decent free kick, holds the ball up well, can "buy " a foul when up front on his own, not bad with his head ( Shearer superb at this ) and can run wide and supply a decent cross too. Hopefully he can avoid serious injury and can be a great striker for England.

If we can just find another Andy Sinton or Carlton Palmer to compliment Kane's undoubted talents .... then who knows Veg.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd actually suggest he's unique. He is not like 'elbows' Shearer. Thre is somthing of the Martin Peters about him though.

A 'one match out' injury inflicted the game before we play the 'Totts' would be pleasing.

Oh, and the Spurs lurkers on here will be rubbing their thighs over this thread..... except there are none (just Alice). :whistle::rolleyes:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If we can just find another Andy Sinton or Carlton Palmer to compliment Kane's undoubted talents .... then who knows Veg.

Times were hard then....

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Kane is brilliant, I love watching him play but it pains me to watch at the same time because it means watching Spurs.

But he appears grounded, level headed and eager to do well. He does perhaps lack the decision making some may want, but he is young and that can change over time. Him and Rashford are exciting prospects.

Just need Dunk in defence and March on the wings to improve the defence and midfield respectively.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here