Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Coventry City *** Official Match Thread ***

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That's ridiculous to say he looked like a disaster! Absolutely ridiculous. No chance with the goal, not much else to do. Not on the same wave length as Uwe or Goldson on a couple of occasions but they've not played together before, no harm done. He is easily the best third choice goalkeeper in our history!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maenpaa on the other hand was a disaster. He's waited ages for a game the poor bloke, and when his chance came he looked terrified.

Was he? Didn't have much of a chance with the goal, what howlers were there?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
That's ridiculous to say he looked like a disaster! Absolutely ridiculous. No chance with the goal, not much else to do. Not on the same wave length as Uwe or Goldson on a couple of occasions but they've not played together before, no harm done. He is easily the best third choice goalkeeper in our history!

Comfortably, yes.

He looked all at sea in that game though, and I speak as someone whose default is ALWAYS to back the keeper where possible.

Looked terrified to stray from his line at all, and got a (completely deserved) mouthful from Goldson for exactly that. You're right that nothing he did wrong led to anything, but you can't be judging a keeper's performance on that basis.

(and FWIW, he's probably played behind Goldson and Uwe, as often as Krul has - in most of last season's cup matches, no?)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Comfortably, yes.

He looked all at sea in that game though, and I speak as someone whose default is ALWAYS to back the keeper where possible.

Looked terrified to stray from his line at all, and got a (completely deserved) mouthful from Goldson for exactly that. You're right that nothing he did wrong led to anything, but you can't be judging a keeper's performance on that basis.

(and FWIW, he's probably played behind Goldson and Uwe, as often as Krul has - in most of last season's cup matches, no?)

Tim Krul is a better goalkeeper, no question about that for me. They had Middlesbrough and Palace together to get a bit of an understanding, Maenpaa came in at half time having not played a proper game of football for quite a while. He did what he had to do, he was fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here