Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for West Ham

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I genuinely think all four midfielders should start. Gross and Propper in the advanced roles like say Ali and Eriksen for Spurs with Kayal and Stephens clearing up behind like Demebele and Dier.

Ryan
Schlotto Hume Dunk Suttner
Kayal Stephens
Propper Gross Iz/knock/march (not bothered which as Locadia should replace in due time)
Ulloa

Bringing on Iz/Knock/March for whatever of the four (Kayal/Stephens/Propper/Gross) who isn't performing on the day.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
—————————- Ryan —————————
Bruno ——- Dunk —————Duffy ——- Suttner
Knockeart ——- Stephens — Propper —- March
———————— Ulloa ——- Baldock ————-

Is what I would like to see but it WONT happen.

I like this a lot, maybe switching in the Greyhound for Bruno, what’s up with Bruno injured, rested or outs of favour since performance at WBA?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Either
Ryan
Goldson, Duffy, Dunk
Schelotto, Kayal, Stephens, Propper, Suttner
March
Murray

Or

Ryan
Schelotto, Dunk, Goldson, Suttner
Knockaert, Propper, Kayal, March
Baldock Murray.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
It'll be:
Ryan, Schelotto, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner, Knockaert, Propper, Stephens, March, Gross, Murray

Subs: Krull, Rosenior, Kayal, Jose, Baldock, Ulloa

Subs to be made:
Kayal for Gross 66 mins
Ulloa for Murray 71 mins
Jose for Knockaert 85 mins

Beardie

Oct 25, 2009
Ryan
Hunemier Dunk
Schelotto Bong

Stephens Kayal

Gross Propper Izquiedo

Ulloa

Subs: Krull, Duffy, Knockheart, Bruno, March, Murray, Baldock

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Usual formation (anyone suggesting anything else is kerazy), but...

Bruno back in for Schelotto, if fit.
Knockaert in for March.
Ulloa in for Murray.

I was impressed at how mobile Leo is last night.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
------------------------- Ryan -------------------------
Schelotto ----- Duffy ------ Dunk ------ Suttner
---------------------- Stephens ----------------------
Knockaert ---- Kayal ------ Propper ---- March
------------------- Murray ----------------------------

Subs: Krul, Bruno/Rosenior, Goldson, Gross, Izquierdo, Baldock, Ulloa

A change of personnel and formation. Personnel because: Gross looked knackered last night, and his form has slipped; Suttner offers more going forward; Izquierdo has only had one good game and that was against a team that defended high up the pitch, West Ham will sit deep.
Formation because we need something more radical than just tweaking personnel. Propper needs to play higher up the pitch so we have more of a goal threat from open play. We also need to make much earlier substitutions, including changing the formation within the game if necessary. Ulloa, for instance, ought to be coming on on the hour, and Murray should be primed about this and told to run himself into the ground for that period.
We have to win this game. No more conservatism.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk dropped...why ?

Because BG hasn't got a scooby do. Sorry BG but dunk was great tonight!,

Both CB have been below par in recent games and need a shake up but their goal last night came from 2 bad mistakes a needless free kick given away by March, 1 of many, and Dunk missing the tackle and the ball for Stephens to score. Such mistakes cannot be allowed to continue if we are to have any chance of avoiding relegation.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
WHU went 3-4-2-1 against Palace and that back three and midfield four hardly screams mobility:

Rice
Ogbonna
Collins

Byram
Zabaleta
Noble
Cresswell

I'd definitely start Knockaert and Izquierdo.

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Izquierdo

Propper

Murray or Ulloa (change 60 mins)

Nothing at all against Pascal, he has been a stand out performer. Looked jaded last night though and I'd just like to see DP in the number 10 role against a team where we won't be starved of possession.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
WHU went 3-4-2-1 against Palace and that back three and midfield four hardly screams mobility:

Rice
Ogbonna
Collins

Byram
Zabaleta
Noble
Cresswell

I'd definitely start Knockaert and Izquierdo.

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Izquierdo

Propper

Murray or Ulloa (change 60 mins)

Nothing at all against Pascal, he has been a stand out performer. Looked jaded last night though and I'd just like to see DP in the number 10 role against a team where we won't be starved of possession.

Hughton will be too busy creaming himself over west ham using 6 defenders...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Both CB have been below par in recent games and need a shake up but their goal last night came from 2 bad mistakes a needless free kick given away by March, 1 of many, and Dunk missing the tackle and the ball for Stephens to score. Such mistakes cannot be allowed to continue if we are to have any chance of avoiding relegation.

One thing many fans overlook is the amount of defending we have to do........This doesn't seem to register with a great majority of supporters who seem to think we defend no more than say , Chelsea or Liverpool etc.

When your defending for the majority of a match because you are unable/unwilling to be brave and attack, you are far more likely to make more mistakes. Law of averages im afraid. This doesn't mean our CB's are poor.

I wonder why players like stones/smalling/cahill etc makes less mistakes than our CB's??? Because they don't have to spend 80 minutes every match under pressure in games. Its not that hard to understand, just overlooked by many.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One thing many fans overlook is the amount of defending we have to do........This doesn't seem to register with a great majority of supporters who seem to think we defend no more than say , Chelsea or Liverpool etc.

When your defending for the majority of a match because you are unable/unwilling to be brave and attack, you are far more likely to make more mistakes. Law of averages im afraid. This doesn't mean our CB's are poor.

I wonder why players like stones/smalling/cahill etc makes less mistakes than our CB's??? Because they don't have to spend 80 minutes every match under pressure in games. Its not that hard to understand, just overlooked by many.

I fully accept that and the fact that we give way too many free kicks in bad positions like just outside of the box doesnt help, e g last nights goal, but Dunk had a simple tackle/kick to make and missed it allowing their man to prod the ball home.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I fully accept that and the fact that we give way too many free kicks in bad positions like just outside of the box doesnt help, e g last nights goal, but Dunk had a simple tackle/kick to make and missed it allowing their man to prod the ball home.

So dunk made an error - he also is the main reason why we don't get tonked week in week out. But you choose not to allude to this. FK's around the box are generally given away by others too.

I'm not singling you out BG, its just very easy to overlook the AMOUNT of defending the two CB's do every week. For me, they have been unbelievable

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are forced to do a lot of defending but havent looked so assured in the last few weeks as if their weaknessess have been highlighted and both Goldson and Hunemier have shown they are knocking on the door to be admitted into the starting XI. The first step is to stop giving away so many free kicks 25 yds out of goal and while we are at it corners.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let’s go 4-2-3-1 and change things up a bit.

————————-—-Ryan————————
—Schelotto—-Goldson—Dunk—-Suttner—
————-Stephens————-Kayal————-
——Knockaert——Pröpper——Izquierdo—-
—————————-Ulloa————————-

We have to win this somehow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here