Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nick Powell

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes please!

Funnily enough I was thinking about this at the weekend when he played so well against West Ham. He was also the best player on the pitch in our promotion game last season. Really talented player and would make a lot of sense at that price. Offers something different to our other centre midfielders - he's a lot more of a goal threat for a start.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A Sam Baldock step-up, possibly?

Ship Sam out to allow him to get some football (loan or sale) and get in a HGP who can feed off a big striker and who has the potential to kick-on a bit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I forgot the window was still open.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Scored against us in that game last season.

I still have the vision of him rushing through at 2-1 in the dying moments too before someone finally took the ball off him when it looked for all the world like he'd equalise.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I doubt they would take £3m, surely we would go higher if needed. That said, it's Daily Fail so this could all be bollocks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Ship Sam out to allow him to get some football (loan or sale) and get in a HGP who can feed off a big striker and who has the potential to kick-on a bit.

Make-weight for the deal, they get him on loan to the end of the season?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Yeah a step up from Sam, more skill and creative - exactly the sort of player we're after imo

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I doubt they would take £3m, surely we would go higher if needed.

Depends how long is on his contract. I couldn't find out with a quick search...

"Wigan forward Nick Powell looks set to snub a move to Aston Villa.

Steve Bruce enquired about the 23-year-old’s availability last month but was knocked back by the League One outfit.

According to The Sun, Powell has told friends that he is open to extended his contract.

It’s claimed the former Manchester United man will put pen to paper if Wigan’s takeover by an Asian consortium goes through. "

From >>> https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ll-Alan-Hutton-Lewis-Grabban-EFL-Championship

Edit: suggestion he's mid-way through a three-year contract.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Would be delighted with this, still young and incredibly skilful. He’s had a torrid time with injuries but if he is over then then he’d be a great signing and some much needed competition for Gross. Bargain at £3 million.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
£3 million seems a bit of a bargain.

Looking in to it the Wigan fans love him, seems he's got good character as well as ability. He's got that confident look about him and the fact he was at Man Utd you would hope he could handle the step up to a bigger club and regular premier league football.

I really like the look of this, hope there is something in it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Andy's probably just sipping on a coffee right now thinking about how to compose his next tweet.

He needs to send the "Barbs - anything in the Nick Powell story?" before he can copy and paste the reply.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He needs to send the "Barbs - anything in the Nick Powell story?" before he can copy and paste the reply.

Can you ask Barbs first and get the exclusive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here