Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Australia v England 1st ODI

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Roy out 180 - a remarkable innings and highest ever ODI score by an English batsman

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
180 .... well batted Jason Roy
(75* for Root!)

shame he couldnt get a place in the top 20 highest individual ODI scores ever
another 1 was needed
and "only" 10 short to get into the top 10
where Rohit Sharma has three double hundreds and India 5 of the top ten ODI individual scores
some amazing scores in that list
264 for Sharma at the top

23 to win !!

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
5 wicket win

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Top darts from Jason Roy, what a way to move on from the Ashes defeat.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't know why Roy doesn't get a chance for the Test team after some of the bozo's already tried (Vince, Balance, everyotheropenerinthecountry etc). He might not come off, but can't be any worse than those showers.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Roy got away with murder with some of his shots, but luck was on our side for a change.
Good game to watch and I was told off for not doing what I had planned around the house, never mind eh.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Few myths written in jest already. Facts are: England went into the Series slight favourites, Root is marginally ahead of Smith in ODI, Wood bowled magnificently but still coming back from injury so could not yet play real cricket, 300 was good on first innings but below par on a nicely drying pitch and outfield.....

Thank goodness, someone who knows what they are talking about! 300 was very average (not good) on that wicket.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Joe Root must have to wonder his lot as test captain this winter. There he has to sit and watch Stoneman and Vince get their techniques worked over game after game as next man in, in the one-day game he gets to watch Roy and Hales cart it everywhere. In the one-day game he knows there are experienced bats like Morgan and Buttler to come when he is out, in the test game he knows there is another collapse coming. In the field he can see Wood and Plunkett bowling with pace and bounce, but as test captain he has to throw the ball to a bunch of medium-pacers. And when its time to pick a leg-spinner, the ODI side has the hugely experienced Rashid, the test side has a debutant.

I don't know what these test selectors are doing

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Joe Root must have to wonder his lot as test captain this winter. There he has to sit and watch Stoneman and Vince get their techniques worked over game after game as next man in, in the one-day game he gets to watch Roy and Hales cart it everywhere. In the one-day game he knows there are experienced bats like Morgan and Buttler to come when he is out, in the test game he knows there is another collapse coming. In the field he can see Wood and Plunkett bowling with pace and bounce, but as test captain he has to throw the ball to a bunch of medium-pacers. And when its time to pick a leg-spinner, the ODI side has the hugely experienced Rashid, the test side has a debutant.

I don't know what these test selectors are doing

You do have to wonder why Plunkett (a good lower order bat) wasn't picked for the bouncier pitches in the test series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here