Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being a casual

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
10 HOLE MAX, THEY'RE MORE LIKE WELLINGTON BOOTS!.......... bit of a let down Sunday wasn't it, you need to pick your games carefully :wink:
regards
DR

download.jpg

Preferred these myself back in 79, with bleached jeans or green combats, Ben Sherman or Fred Perry, Harrington or Donkey, (Donkey had The Stranglers on the back patch). Went punk by 82 and used to hang around the Belvedere, Green Dragon, Albert etc. Remember the Rockabillys/Psychobillys as a formidable outfit. Believe that they gave the West Street/Pool Parlour boys more than a run for their money once or twice. Didn't really get the whole casual thing, robbing golf shops for jumpers and picking targets for a kicking was not just not my scene.

Jan 30, 2008
A couple of lads from Worthing wore butchers coat to the Goldstone to one or two games. They got so much grief from the OB, searched about four times between Hove station and the ground, they binned them.
should have gone for a Bowler hat, white sta press and a Crombie then ???
regards
DR

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He was there but was on crutches, so we told him he could not be in the picture, you can see him behind the guy on the far right.
Ah... not sure if he still looks at NSC but no doubt happy memories for him. Shame he couldn't be in the photo with his Burberry scarf and deerstalker.

I was younger and not at all part of the scene (although I did get some of the gear, including a cashmere Pringle diamond won in a game of cards from a rich kid at school..!) but I remember a day out at Southend and watching on while RRE skilfully led successive pitch invasions without getting nabbed... :)

Jan 30, 2008
He was there but was on crutches, so we told him he could not be in the picture, you can see him behind the guy on the far right.
cheers, recognise one or two faces in that Photo , spoke to the Bird in the photo at Watford 80's seemed pretty oiled up :cheers:, said she had come up on a coach from B/H ???
regards
DR

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
A couple of lads from Worthing wore butchers coat to the Goldstone to one or two games. They got so much grief from the OB, searched about four times between Hove station and the ground, they binned them.

And some sort of surgical mask, if I remember. Or was that someone else?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here