Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Why buy 17 toasters when you can get one beauty?
You cannot get a decent toaster for a tenner!

On your first point - because you can spend the other £160 on something interesting.
On point 2 - yes you can. I picked up a perfectly good one in a store clearance 2 years ago for 7.99 and it still is brilliant nick and it should last a long while yet.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Ironically my wife was just telling me about her call to Dualit today when I saw this thread. Ours fused at the weekend so she rang them today after finding a screw on the kitchen work surface which “must have fallen out of the toaster and been the cause of the electrics tripping”

Actually the screw came from the plug when I tried to open it earlier to change the fuse but couldn’t tighten the screws hence one falling out. Needless to say she had a bit of a run in with them when they insisted it couldn’t have come from the toaster and the tripping of our fuse box was most likely caused just by a bit of old toast that had burnt on the inside of the toaster.

Anyway I never did get to the fuse as the plug was sealed but the machine is working fine after we reset the trip in the fuse box so I guess their explanation was correct. As for the toaster it is nice looking and cooks good toast but I think most of them do that don’t they? Probably ideal in looks and toasting ability for an Apple fan boy :lolol:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My experience is also of uneven toasting. After an element went I bought a different toaster for the price of the element.
Had the kettle once, as per a previous poster it died, got free replacement after causing fuss, that too died.
I can't imagine they've got better so it's but a brand I'm ever buying again.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very well made and repairable iconic name and design

Expensive to the point that you could buy several less expensive toasters

Is it worth it only you can say

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Had mine 18 years - four slice beast - changed one of the elements and the timer but otherwise it gets used two to four times a day everyday and is bullet proof. Endlessly serviceable and fixable. I'd buy another if I ever needed to but suspect I won't have to

You either have a few kids or a Toast addiction.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Ours is still going strong after much longer than 3 years. Can't remember exactly how old it is.

You get what you pay for, this isn't an exception.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about one of these bad boys?

cf6a6ab8a41c8a2c3c37808dc49ea8c0.jpg.gif

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Our last one has lasted for over 10 years.

Same with our Dualit kettle.

Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It seems like Dualit is the unofficial toaster of NSC. I wonder if they'd be interested in sponsorship...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dualit are one of the pretentious look at me brands that I hate.
Like Smeg,Miele and Kitchen Aid.
People just want you to see them as you enter the kitchen which might as well have a ' I am so much richer than you' sign in the door.
You can purchase just as good,appliances which are much more user friendly and easier to clean etc than the over engineered over styled brands.
I am not saying go cheap but you cannot go far wrong with Bosch and NEFF products.
And then you have the ultimate look at me brand, BMW.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Dualit are one of the pretentious look at me brands that I hate.
Like Smeg,Miele and Kitchen Aid.
People just want you to see them as you enter the kitchen which might as well have a ' I am so much richer than you' sign in the door.
You can purchase just as good,appliances which are much more user friendly and easier to clean etc than the over engineered over styled brands.
I am not saying go cheap but you cannot go far wrong with Bosch and NEFF products.
And then you have the ultimate look at me brand, BMW.

Bosch are decent. But you've never owned a miele washing machine - built to last 20+ yrs easy

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You've all been fooled. Bozza isn't interested in a toaster - he just wanted an opportunity to post his affiliate link.

I think we get bogged down on this site on things that don't really matter; Brexit, NHS funding, religion, political correctness, who will play up front next game...

Bozza has steered a topic onto the top of the board for things that clearly do matter; toast. It is a debate that could reach over a 1000 pages.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I can't think of the last time someone walked into my kitchen who hadn't been there before. It's frequented by my family, a small group of friends and the dog walker when she comes to pick the pooch up. I'm far too old and, frankly, too tight to buy things to try and impress anyone else.

Our current toaster is 16 years old and was certainly a bit of an extravagance, although it was a wedding present (for my long ago failed marriage). It's a Siemens Designed by F.A.Porsche toaster with matching kettle.

I've always liked the look of the Dualit and I have a reasonable sized gift balance on Amazon care of some vouchers received at Christmas so, if I did get one, it wouldn't feel like I was spending much on it as I'd only need to top up with a small bit of cash.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I'm afraid I do think things like this are wicked. I appreciate quality items and have a few things that are better than average however when you get to the level of a £300 toaster then the world has gone mad. I bought a toaster for work from Tesco for £12 and it actually cooks perfect toast, people have commented that they are surprised how well and even it toasts. its a month old and getting used several times daily so we will see how long it lasts. It is as good if not better than my branded Morphy Richards one which was 3 times the amount, so now I feel silly spending £40 on a toaster but I couldnt ever dream of a time when I think £300 is acceptable. Even If I won the lottery I don't think I could justify it. Or maybe I don't care enough about toast.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
if fact if you look at the John Lewes link and scroll down it says 'Products frequently bought together' and it shows the matching kettle for the bargain price of £149 or 438 for the pair.

bloody bloody madness

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We might need a new toaster and I've always fancied one of the big Dualit 4-slice efforts.

They are ridiculously expensive though. Are they worth they money?

Anyone have one of these bad boys >>> http://amzn.to/2G7nCzQ
Considered a dualit when I was looking at toasters a couple of years back, but no multi-room toasting options were available from dualit so I went elsewhere.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here