Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DS game v Bristol City TODAY - HOSKINS Starts and scores!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hoskins was a truly good player, and when one considers some of the dross we've tried in his absence it would be excellent for the club if this latest comeback sticks. Get him fit : he's worth another try.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Great to see Will back playing again.

First photo is his goal.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 389
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 386
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 387

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Was only 35 mins expected?
Or is this good practice to ensure a player does not over exert first time back?
Or did he look knackered?

Club said he would play less than 45.
Didn't look as knackered as he could have been after so long out.
Good run out for him.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Was only 35 mins expected?
Or is this good practice to ensure a player does not over exert first time back?
Or did he look knackered?

CMS got around half an hour on his return, so I imagine it's a structured plan for Will too.
He looks like he needs a little fitness training judging by those pictures, but it's great to see him getting there when he must have feared his career was over at 26!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I would be quite happy to see us take Hannah (Monkana) up to Hull. If Buckley/March are carrying something it'd be nice to have the pace on the bench,

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
2nd half.

Bcfc keeper: "How long?"
Lino: "You've played 32."
Bcfc keeper: "No, how long left?"
Lino: "Work it out for yourself"

:bowdown:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I would be quite happy to see us take Hannah (Monkana) up to Hull. If Buckley/March are carrying something it'd be nice to have the pace on the bench,

Buckley is ruled out.
Dave & March to start, I'd wager. Monakana just played 86 minutes at Lancing and came off injured, so I think it's unlikely he'll be on the bench tonight Rich.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

He took a heavy knock towards the end and hobbled off.

Slightly too late for him anyway.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Well if he injured himself today I'd say it was quite unlikely :lolol: thanks [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION], [MENTION=23]Everest[/MENTION]!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hoskins Scores

Sorry if fixtures
:clap2:On his comeback match for the Dev squad v Bristol City !!
Good lad !!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hoskins played quite well, his movement was excellent and he was up against Carey (who seems to have been around for about 20 years!!!). Personally I felt he was everything we have been missing up front recently, found space, could and should have got a second, but after 25 was beginning to run out of puff. That said he chased the ball appropriately and closed down very well.

Monakana, I was really impressed with. He reminds me of KLL, but he seems to be able to cross more consistently. His only drawback seems to be his decision making in terms of when he comes inside, the only time he shot, it was quite wayward. Very tricky and lots of pace.

He was taken out by Carey when he would have been through, classic professional foul (reminded me of Gentile the Italian centre-back), however Carey only saw yellow.

The midfield was a little lightweight and Bristol seemed to see more of the ball in the second half. Pearson (?ex-Derby forward) took his goal quite well and Walton with no chance.

I liked the look of our left back (?Robert Hunt according to the team sheet), composed on the ball, didn't give it away and also didn't let their winger go past him. Looked very young but perhaps one for the future.

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Good comeback! Could be just what we need when he's fit.. I hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here