Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2018 - official thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All style but very little substance. A quick thinker and an engaging personality but commercially, as Lord Sugar summised, he doesn't "get it."

Bit like last week then although Kurran did sweet FA

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bit like last week then although Kurran did sweet FA

As you will have more time on your hands come February 2019, I want to see you on the next series. That would bring a different dynamic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As you will have more time on your hands come February 2019, I want to see you on the next series. That would bring a different dynamic.

Err no chance, too old for that type of thing

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I liked Kayode but he was very short in commercial understanding and actual business knowledge. He's a fantastic employee, but is he the guy to build and lead something? I don't think so - engaging as he is, he doesn't have the nous to adapt to random situations. My problem with the Apprentice now is that the goal is a business investment but the tasks really have no correlation to that at all. I don't know what Kayode wanted to do, but I'm confident it had nothing to do with making doughnuts at 5am or doing some third rate gardening.

Another successful week for Sabrina in terms of survival, but little else. She's already running a successful seeming tennis company (good footfall as proven by her social media posts, no idea about the profitability of the operation though) and she does generally get the point, her problem is that very few people listen to her. And she doesn't seem to have the courage to push herself forward to take decisive action. I think she's going to get to the interview stage though - she's easily investment worthy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Err no chance, too old for that type of thing

5:00am

Ring Ring. Ring Ring.
[Beach Hut picks up phone ringing in hallway]
"Lord Sugar wants you to meet him at City Airport. You will be picked up in 20 minutes."
"**** that."

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Awful decision making by Tom, but Kayode had run his course .... an hilarious chatty personality and street level salesman, but not a likely business opportunity.

Some awful candidates still in. Gobby Khadija is an awful personality and hopeless at everything. Sabrina and Jasmine are obviously very well educated, but that's covering up for no substance and lacking all common sense.

Perhaps a generational thing as we've mollycoddled our kids, but it's incredible how impractical most of this bunch of 20/30 year olds are. From sanding, cleaning, using tools and god forbid touching soil!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If last week's airline task was the nadir this week gardening task was almost as desperate. Once again you look around for talent and find the cupboard empty.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Awful decision making by Tom, but Kayode had run his course .... an hilarious chatty personality and street level salesman, but not a likely business opportunity.

Some awful candidates still in. Gobby Khadija is an awful personality and hopeless at everything. Sabrina and Jasmine are obviously very well educated, but that's covering up for no substance and lacking all common sense.

Perhaps a generational thing as we've mollycoddled our kids, but it's incredible how impractical most of this bunch of 20/30 year olds are. From sanding, cleaning, using tools and god forbid touching soil!

Alan Sugar started off as a street level salesman.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not knocking street traders at all, but Koyode at age 25 buying goods for £250 to deliberately sell at £130, then vigorously defending that move, was enlightening was Alan Sugar.

Sugar knows who he wants at the start, or at least those in the final. He picks on anything to get rid of those he doesn't want, and spare those who mess up just as badly.n
I half expected a double sacking last night.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sugar knows who he wants at the start, or at least those in the final. He picks on anything to get rid of those he doesn't want, and spare those who mess up just as badly.n
I half expected a double sacking last night.

I thought that last bit too ... aren’t the numbers so large that a double culling is required at some stage?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shame Kaodie was fired, thought he was quite good

You have to be kidding?

On the basis of last night he absolutely HAD to go, no question. The task was about profit. His contribution (securing a £130 'deal' for over £200 worth of goods) in itself was probably enough, but he sealed his exit by clearly demonstrating that he simply didn't understand why.

Kayode *shouts* "but I brought in half of the mobile money"
Tree surgeon lad *calmly* "No mate, you brought in a loss. You lost us money"
Kayode "but wivout me we would have got even less money"
Everyone "you didn't generate any money Kayodde. You lost money"

:facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not knocking street traders at all, but Koyode at age 25 buying goods for £250 to deliberately sell at £130, then vigorously defending that move, was enlightening was Alan Sugar.

That sealed his fate. I don't think there's anything worse any candidate can do in this process than buy something at £206 and sell it at £130. Indeed, Kayode commented he thought the customer was being charged too much at £130.

For the second week in a row I was watching the TV through a facepalm. This crop of girls is poor, and yet there are 7 of them left and only 2 boys. There's no doubt this is the worst crop of candidates ever, and I'm struggling to see any one of them as someone Sugar might do business with.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here