Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notifications from BHAFC women’s team on twitter

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are people seriously suggesting that a large percentage of our fanbase really care about the women's team? Because they don't.

I can't be the only one that gets mildly irritated when the website says something like "Albion sign Brazil star" only to click on the story and find out it's for the women's team.

It's not sexist to say that women's football is nowhere near as good as men's. It's much slower, and the quality is far inferior. If it wasn't, the women's team would get far bigger crowds.

So the women's team deserves no place at BHAFC? Good grief. Is it really destroying your karma that much? Perhaps they'll win something, and it might just release a tiny bit of joy inside that gender-restricted cold heart of yours.

Oh, and there was once a time when women's football drew large crowds - for example, the 53,000 who watched Dick, Kerr's Ladies FC take on St Helen's Ladies at Goodison Park in 1920,

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
#together

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What is this 'Twitter' the people speak of ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You grizzle about the women's team being mentioned on Twitter, and accuse others of being defensive? Brilliant.

Is there a follow-up point there? Other than that, that has no value. Perhaps the club don't like to discriminate between the various teams. Put it this way, more people get to read about the women's, powerchair, amputee, under 23 teams etc on the main club account. The only problem being you don't like it, because you're not interested in a reasonable sized part of Brighton & Hove Albion. Again - you accuse others of being defensive?

Got you. It's funny to you that women's team football news got buried in the ether. Now we know your agenda. Thanks for clearing that up. Poor lamb.

Were you the one calling for equal pay at the forum? ???

I've been to see our women's team twice, it (womens football) has certainly come a long way but it's not for me and I have to say I have absolutely no interest in hearing about it unless I seek it. I'm sure some of my reasons will offend your sensibilities and peg me as draconian ie. I don't especially want to watch women hurt each other or become physically strong enough to compete in a sport such as this. I enjoy watching women compete in a wide variety of other sports but it is obviously not for me to decide which they pursue. Ultimately I have also found it a rather irritating distraction following the club on twitter I'm sorry to say.

I find it rather strange, but typical I suppose that the OP has been jumped on for something as trivial as indifference towards anything other than the first team, as if we are all obliged to keep track of every side the club puts out at any age group/disability/sex/level.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Totally agree...don't give a toss about any other team we have apart from the first team and the REMF team.

If that makes me a bad fan, then fine.

David Wagner's blue and white army!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
For those who think women or girls have little or no right to be involved in football show a complete lack of knowledge of the game. I am involved in youth football as a coach (run a boys U15 team)and the development of the women's / girls football is phenomenal. It is something that the club I am involved in is immensely proud of.

This is not about being PC or whatever belittling phrase some people chose to use. It is about loving the game and allowing as many people as possible, especially in the youth set up , participate and develop their potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you but also the op.

When the men's first team score I react like this:
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!GET THE F#@¥ IN!!!!! YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! F#@¥ YOU OTHER TEAM!!!!!YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
whilst waving my arms about and jumping around with joy.

When the Ladies or U23 score:
Yay.

I don't think its correct when the men's team are playing to flash goal on Twitter next to the official badge when they haven't scored.

Bit of a let down.

Fully support the ladies and I will go to a game one day but sorry it will never come close to the men's game for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've seen our ladies play a game and just couldn't get in to it. I watched England in Euro 2017 and ditto. Then I got called a dinosaur, a snob and a sexist for pointing out how poor the quality was, when my slant on the whole thing was how they deserved a much higher standard of coaching, given an international player was penalised for a foul throw. The subsequent shenanigans with Mark Sampson rather bore out my point.

Re the OP I'd already muted the hashtag.

I'd like to be all inclusive about it but at the end of the day it's like watching a tribute band or going to a French Bistro in Las Vegas to get some Parisian culture. Both are perfectly acceptable but neither compares with the real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Predictable that the usual virtue signallers are out in force on this thread trying to force home their ultra-liberal credentials. Dwayne isn't suggesting anything controversial here.
[MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17261]Iggle Piggle[/MENTION] are both spot on.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Is that what women do? 'Clog things up'?

Could have sworn this is Brighton & Hove Albion football club, whose Twitter account tweets Brighton & Hove Albion football stories - mostly about its various teams.

Oh yeah it is...

You really are very precious at times, and extremely defensive of the club.

Yes, the ladies are part of the same club, but let's be honest, a very small part, to pretend otherwise is wrong.

To have their own separate Twitter account would seem logical to me. I'd still follow them, but it would be simpler IMO.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This thread should have incorporated a POLL.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not sexist to say that women's football is nowhere near as good as men's. It's much slower, and the quality is far inferior. If it wasn't, the women's team would get far bigger crowds.

Exactly. A story:

Years ago the office I worked for in Brighton had a 5-a-side team and every year we entered a tournament in Folkestone, nationwide entries but strictly amateur. In the second year we were drawn against the Welsh National Student Ladies which was, as it said on the tin, the Welsh international female team for the World Student Games. We included a 20 stone rugby player and the reason most of us were there was to spend the night in a dubious nightclub called Bonkers. We beat them 1-0. They were fitter than us but we intercepted every weak pass and saved every weak shot. They still must have had 70% possession, but we won because our one decent shot on target went straight through the keeper. We were booed off as we were the first men's team to play them. Then everyone else beat them by at least seven goals. Their tournament total goals bore a remarkable resemblance to the Crystal Palace 2017/18 Premier League Season.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes it is harsh, and wrong in my humble opinion.

BHAFC are committed to all their teams and as such, I'm proud of each and every one of them. The more the club can spread the message that the game is there fore everyone no matter what your gender or ability, the more we expand our horizons that little bit more.

In these days when women have won the right to fight in the front line with their male counterparts, I’m surprised so many people are committed to gender apartheid in sport.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ranch-british-military-open-every-role-women/

Maintaining women’s football teams is not expanding our horizons, quite the contrary. If we were really enlightened we would support the abolishment of the women’s league and invite the women into the men’s teams, just like the armed forces.

Women are evidently fit enough to fight in the front line, so they are fit enough to kick a pigs bladder about with male footballers and access the riches available to the men.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here