Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you (Charlton Fan)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Did you actually read the post you quoted? He said that Standard Liege won their league and still protested. Clubs like us and Charlton have been relegated enough over the years that you don't get situations like yesterday from relegation. I am genuinely stunned by the reaction of a small minority of our supporters on here (who seem to be taking it upon themselves to hijack this and other threads). If it wasn't for clubs like Charlton protesting alongside us in the 90s, we may not have a club to support these days. Just because their situation is not exactly the same, it doesn't make their cause any less important.

The cafc fan on here seems to have defended his clubs fan poaching with a long detailed reply which is shameful. I had disassociated the coaches laid on by the club from the fans then you get a perfectly rationale fan on here defending it.

They are unhappy with the way the club is run but there are very few facts to back up the opinions, just a view that the club is not run in they some want. There may be something odd going on behind the scences and i guess the fans are smelling something, although no one has been able to articulate it. i genuinely wish them the best in getting what they want

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The cafc fan on here seems to have defended his clubs fan poaching with a long detailed reply which is shameful. I had disassociated the coaches laid on by the club from the fans then you get a perfectly rationale fan on here defending it.

They are unhappy with the way the club is run but there are very few facts to back up the opinions, just a view that the club is not run in they some want. There may be something odd going on behind the scences and i guess the fans are smelling something, although no one has been able to articulate it. i genuinely wish them the best in getting what they want

If you read the post, it's not defending (he actively says he is against it) but clarifying a few points which were made earlier in the thread. Frankly, I don't want to get into an argument and further derail this thread. It was started by a Charlton fan thanking us for our support yesterday and it has been hijacked by a few people sadly.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I feel embarrassed that some of our FANS are trolling a link that was a thank you to Brighton fans.

Having spent two hours around the Valley yesterday where every Albion fan I saw supported, marched and protested with Charlton fans I thought it was a brilliant turn out and how our clubs have been through low times and this influences the supporters.

Having been an Albion fan through the bus period and been a guest at the Valley for some premiership games I do not know how so many people find it so offensive, I don't think we lost any fans off the back of it.

One of the big chants from yesterday was FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DIVIDED and a core of Charlton fans would be down to support us in a flash if we asked, much faster than a group of trollers with little better to do on a Sunday afternoon than try and paint pictures that are the reverse of anything witnessed yesterday at a ground with 17k plus fans were united in wanting to see the club in a safer pair of hands.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I feel embarrassed that some of our FANS are trolling a link that was a thank you to Brighton fans.

Having spent two hours around the Valley yesterday where every Albion fan I saw supported, marched and protested with Charlton fans I thought it was a brilliant turn out and how our clubs have been through low times and this influences the supporters.

Having been an Albion fan through the bus period and been a guest at the Valley for some premiership games I do not know how so many people find it so offensive, I don't think we lost any fans off the back of it.

One of the big chants from yesterday was FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DIVIDED and a core of Charlton fans would be down to support us in a flash if we asked, much faster than a group of trollers with little better to do on a Sunday afternoon than try and paint pictures that are the reverse of anything witnessed yesterday at a ground with 17k plus fans were united in wanting to see the club in a safer pair of hands.

I doubt the trolls have ever seen a stadium away from the comfort of their computer.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I doubt the trolls have ever seen a stadium away from the comfort of their computer.

Yes I amusing thought the same - the atmosphere and involvement of so many Brighton fans was fantastic

Attachments

• Protest 1 .jpg
    Protest 1 .jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 290

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It's great that the Charlton fans are so thankful but their situation compared to ours which incorporated 'Fans Utd' are completely different. Your comments are quite silly really. You think Ernest never goes then ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You've summed it up a lot better than many of us could but this is what we've been trying to say but being shouted down all the time.

Ye gods man are you still prattling on.
Your main concern was that the Charlton protests would disrupt the game and we would lose because of it.
But we won and scored a very important goal in the time added because of the protests.
So you are bang wrong on all counts, including the timing of the buses, so just give up, your time is much better spent attempting to be funny.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Well said.

I love you matey, from an internet thing , obviously.

Get back on The Albion Roar soon and show up that dullard that's not Adie.

Well, thanks for regularly listening in anyway.

But at least have the good grace to spell Ady's name correctly. Common courtesy, and all that.

Yours, The Dullard.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's great that the Charlton fans are so thankful but their situation compared to ours which incorporated 'Fans Utd' are completely different. Your comments are quite silly really. You think Ernest never goes then ?

So, by your assumption, in order for any fans to be upset with their plight they have to be in an identical situation to us? You, my friend, are a sandwich short of a picnic, in my humble opinion of course.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Yep, I'll never forget the billboards outside Brighton station advertising free coaches to watch Premiere league football at the Valley when we were on our knees.

Your (non-) argument is no better than those who opposed Falmer saying 'we shouldn't have sold the Goldstone - it's all our fault'. Telling those people it wasn't the fans, or the current board who sold it fell on deaf ears, and they carried on regardless.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ignoring the issue of what sort of 'fan' switches allegiance anyway the only place in 'Brighton' served - and continuing to be served - by the service is somewhere called Benfield Valley. I've lived in Brighton for 23 years and I haven't got a ****ing clue where Benfield Valley is.

I think if I were you, I'd have checked before posting.

However, luckily for you, it's between Hangleton and Portslade (what is known as the Hangleton link road) and seems a really odd place to pick up from. It suggests to me that it's convenient to the few who actually use it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh dear, someone doesn't like me, I best shy away.

Eh? Have I stepped into some sort of strange world today where inoffensive comments are being construed as attacks? How on earth have you come to the conclusion that I don't like you? Please explain.

My comment was a friendly warning that if you want to accuse TMLS and Ernest of never having visited any football stadia then be prepared to eat humble pie - and lots of it. Please, stop with the ad hominems.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

But this was never set up as a fans utd.
Charlton are very unhappy with the way their club is being run, they happened to be playing Brighton yesterday and as a set of fans that have a great reputation for helping out asked us to kindly join in if we wanted to.
Thankfully many did, they are very grateful and have thanked us.
Why all the bellendery about not being in our position and some busses many years ago is being spouted about I don't know.
We won, we helped, we may be promoted, we are OK for money in a nice new stadium.
Is that not enough for some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here