Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Very frustrating.

Missed penalty and a soft goal to concede puts us in a tough spot.

Shame as we'd done well up to that point. I suspect Montoya will be in for a bit of a bollocking at half time for being three yards behind everyone else. So frustrating.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Negative bunch you lot.

An early goal and this one's there for the taking.

I would like to see Hughton make some positive early changes, although it doesn't seem to be his style.

What changes would you make?

I think we've been alright so far apart from the sloppy goal we gave away. Bissouma for Gross, sure but after that, what should we change?

I guess we could try Locadia for Gross and Bissouma for Propper? That seems a bit wild for Hughton, particularly with so long left and the game in the balance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One moment of real quality undid us. Hard to complain having missed a penalty and not taking our half chances. I see we only had 39% possession. Going to take something to turn this around imo, Fulham looking very comfortable and Stephens is one bad foul from a sending off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched the ManU game on Sky and Gross was so tense taking the pen. But luck was with him.

A personal view, but unless someone’s an immense pen taker (Lampard, Gerrard, etc), I like the blast down the middle.

Nightmare for Albion now - Fulham will be licking their lips at picking us off on the counter.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Bong didn't cover himself in glory for the goal. Two players run through and he doesn't track either and just arm up appealing somehow for offside. Schoolboy.

Would swap March for AJ, Bissouma for Groß at half time.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bong didn't cover himself in glory for the goal. Two players run through and he doesn't track either and just arm up appealing somehow for offside. Schoolboy.

Would swap March for AJ, Bissouma for Groß at half time.

I'm not even a big March fan but he has been one of our best players imo.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mostly dominant 1st half and played really well.
But I just knew that was going to happen.
We really need to turn dominant play into goals by half time.
I just don't know why Gross has lost his confidence, no reason to as far as I know.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Great goal from Seri and the German but begs the question: why can't our international new signings be trusted to play and contribute?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No reason we can't come back into this; we've been bossing the game.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I'm not even a big March fan but he has been one of our best players imo.

Trouble is his decision making can be so poor. That break that he made was a prime example where he just couldn't decide what to do and when he did shoot their players had got back into position with an easy block.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
in case we need reminding. :(

grosspen2.png

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Trouble is his decision making can be so poor. That break that he made was a prime example where he just couldn't decide what to do and when he did shoot their players had got back into position with an easy block.

Agreed his final ball is incredibly frustrating sometimes but I'd only replace Gross with Bissouma at the moment, but as we all know it'll probably be at least 70 mins before we change anything. Unless we go two behind :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here