Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Having your mind changed in an instant - players

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
(I've tried to watch our games here through NBC when possible - it's very good isn't it? I'd love to hear more of Graeme Le Saux in general, proving you don't have to be an Opinionator-3000 to be an educated and interesting listen. His appearance on the Quickly Kevin podcast is a particular highlight. Do check it out.)

Graeme Le Saux is a lovely chap. He took time out to visit Sarah Watts when she was dying, in Worthing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am waiting for the response from [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION].

He hasn't called CH a 'Dullard'' for about 12 months or more.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
For me, Lee Dixon is very good. insightful and can be quite funny and takes the piss out of Le Saux. Who, give him his due,, gives it back:)

Yep, his sarky dryness amuses me. He's one for a good anecdote too (without wishing to bang on about it, Quickly Kevin interviewed him too and he's very funny).

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Rio Ferdinand - always struck me as an arrogant fool but has come through hell to be a wonderful father, good man and, less importantly, a sensible pundit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've never had a lot of time for Lukaku - a big lump, good yes but no finesse, nothing that special. Uninspiring. Fellaini-esque.

Naturally, that spilled over into the vacuum of me knowing nothing about him. Sure he prays on the pitch, gotta like that, but nothing about him made me want to find out more about him, I wasn't bothered about hearing his interviews on MotD (has he even done any?).

Then I read this https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/romelu-lukaku-ive-got-some-things-to-say and now, I think he's brilliant. I wish he'd got his hattrick today. I'm probably a fan.

Anyone else had that moment with a player, that you didn't particularly like until something happened or you found out about something, and you instantly changed your mind about them?

Please please don’t tell me you had a similar Dasmascan moment when Joey Barton critiqued a Francis Bacon painting at the Tate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here