Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think you live in a different universe to the one that I inhabit. Everything you post about football is inoffensive but basically the opposite of what I see.

Not having a pop, it's just funny.

It feels like a lot of people on here mistrust Grealish because of his previous attitude issues and a general pervading dislike of Aston Villa. The latter is typical of fans of on-the-up teams against giant clubs that have fallen on hard times, and I am just as guilty of it against the likes of Leeds, but as two of my best friends are Villa fans I don't share that for Villa.

But also, I do follow Villa more closely than some and keep up to date with them, and let me tell you that Grealish is a different character this year, he has been their driving force, their star, he's shown hard work and commitment in bundles. He should be in the premier league but the feeling is he'll show loyalty to Villa. Its a tricky decision for him.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think he would be as popular as Barton.

Should have had a straight red yesterday.
Clever footballer though. Just an absolute bell end.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Anyway, the name Grealish is reserved Albion wise for a true legend. We've retired that name in honour.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
But also, I do follow Villa more closely than some and keep up to date with them, and let me tell you that Grealish is a different character this year,

Is this whole 'Grealish has a bad attitude' thing based on him getting drunk on holiday and partying during late hours? if so, it does seem very hypocritical of us. Hasn't AK and Duffy both been in the news recently for 'attitude issues' ?

Either way, most sane teenagers/young adults will go out, party, get drunk and act like a div. That's hardly going to be disruptive for the changing room.

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Any Hot Headed Albion player who dives, waves imaginary cards and mocks opposition fans.
People just don't notice it through the blue and white tinted glasses.
If Grealish played for us and had a couple of good games it would soon get overlooked.

You’re right in that respect. We’ve got a player right now that has a “twatty” haircut, acts like a petulant child if things aren’t going his way, constantly chats utter shit at the ref and was recently seen booting it along the A27, much to the disappointment of the local constabulary.

Yet we all love him, and we tolerate the games where he has done very little, in the knowledge that he just turns it on when he needs to. I suspect Grealish has the touch of the Knockys about him. But somehow I don’t think it’d work the same....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You’re right in that respect. We’ve got a player right now that has a “twatty” haircut, acts like a petulant child if things aren’t going his way, constantly chats utter shit at the ref and was recently seen booting it along the A27, much to the disappointment of the local constabulary.

Yet we all love him, and we tolerate the games where he has done very little, in the knowledge that he just turns it on when he needs to. I suspect Grealish has the touch of the Knockys about him. But somehow I don’t think it’d work the same....
I love Knockeart very much but myself and countless others see his very real faults and as you say 'twattish' behaviour etc and often complain about his demeanor.

We have loyalty to BHA so this tempers our reactions. Why should we feel the need to temper them for a player from a disconnected club hundreds of miles away?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO he is a very good player who would suit our style but would we pay the price Villa would want for a player not guaranteed a start and to become a squad player. I dont think that we would.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone knows we don't buy well known, established players!

The club are going to have to get a couple in just to top up the HGP quota.
They are going to be bobbins if I've heard of them and total boooo-urns material if I've seen them play.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa fans reckon he’d cost upwards of £35m, they say he’s the best player in the Championship by a country mile so probably out of our reach.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Villa fans reckon he’d cost upwards of £35m, they say he’s the best player in the Championship by a country mile so probably out of our reach.

Given the shit they are in having failed to get promoted they could end up having a fire sale and get what they get not what they want

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
IMHO he is a very good player who would suit our style but would we pay the price Villa would want for a player not guaranteed a start and to become a squad player. I dont think that we would.

If we were ever to sign Grealish I have no doubt he'd get a game.

It's worth noting that other clubs bellends are bellends, but our Bellends are OUR bellends.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Given the shit they are in having failed to get promoted they could end up having a fire sale and get what they get not what they want

This. The parachute payments stop now and they're still mired in debt with half a dozen loanees to lose and still paying crocks like Richards megabucks.

They HAD to be promoted but played like they had been at the Xanax.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here