Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion linked with Norwich midfielder James Maddison

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Too expensive.

We should try to avoid championship players, and go for the foreign market. Plenty of better options out there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too expensive.

We should try to avoid championship players, and go for the foreign market. Plenty of better options out there.
We can have up to 17 non home grown players in the 25. So for around 8 of the squad places we are looking for players that qualify as home grown.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can see us trying for Delaney again. pick him up for under 15 which would be great in my opinion.
I reckon so as well given that we know Locadia and Groß were signings which were pursued over time and across successive transfer windows.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I reckon so as well given that we know Locadia and Groß were signings which were pursued over time and across successive transfer windows.

He's a left footed centre mid I believe too which adds great balance to the squad, be thrilled with Delaney, Propper, Stephen and Kayal as my choices.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
After the Pritchard thing (and Elliott Bennett) cherry picking Norwich's best young player in a decade would be quite satisfying.

Not to mention quite satisfying for Hughton after all the criticism and abuse he has taken from Norwich supporters over the years who still refuse to accept he's a good manager. Although Hughton has too much class to think like that.

Would be absolutely delighted if we pulled this off, he's an outstanding young talent, and centre midfield is the area I feel we need to strengthen most. One because we're lacking a bit of depth, Sidwell highly unlikely to come back. And two I do feel we need a bit of an upgrade on Stephens and Kayal if we're going to make next season more comfortable and move to the next level. If we continue playing two in the middle, I feel we are left exposed against the top sides and even on Saturday against that lot I felt that was where the game was lost first half. Milivojevic and Cabaye dominated that central area.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not to mention quite satisfying for Hughton after all the criticism and abuse he has taken from Norwich supporters over the years who still refuse to accept he's a good manager. Although Hughton has too much class to think like that.

Would be absolutely delighted if we pulled this off, he's an outstanding young talent, and centre midfield is the area I feel we need to strengthen most. One because we're lacking a bit of depth, Sidwell highly unlikely to come back. And two I do feel we need a bit of an upgrade on Stephens and Kayal if we're going to make next season more comfortable and move to the next level. If we continue playing two in the middle, I feel we are left exposed against the top sides and even on Saturday against that lot I felt that was where the game was lost first half. Milivojevic and Cabaye dominated that central area.

Maddison plays as a 10, he certainly wouldn't be replacing Stephens/Kayal.

I don't really want him either, good player but shining in a poor team. Let someone else pay the ridiculous sum and chance it.

Delaney is who we need which opens up the possibility of playing Propper in the 10 role when Gross needs resting.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

It was noticeable on Tuesday how many times their CMs ran with the ball and made 15 -20 metres before passing. We need someone who can do that too. (As well as Dunk)

I was very impressed with Sissoko and Mousa Dembele. Shame Ince didn't progress to that role.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It was noticeable on Tuesday how many times their CMs ran with the ball and made 15 -20 metres before passing. We need someone who can do that too. (As well as Dunk)

We have two midfielders who can do that - Propper, Kayal. They are not encouraged to, it's obvious what they are instructed to do so it isn't for lack of wanting/being capable.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am pretty happy with Stephens, Porpper and Kayal, and if Sidwell comes back we are pretty much covered. I think that if we walked into next season with the squad we have, and now playing as a team and not individuals we will be fine after the Summer Pre-Season. Maybe look for another Right Back too compete with Schelotto, but this year has been all about getting experience and understanding your team mates. It's only been in the last couple of handful of games that we have got the ball in early for the striker.

I do feel sorry for Hemed playing at the time when service was so limited Messi would have struggled.

I would suggest respectfully that this is a dangerously over-optimistic view. Our midfield lacks pace and creativity. To survive next season we need probably 2 new midfielders. Sidwell is past it now, sadly, we can't expect to rely on 2 from Stephens, Kayal and Propper for a whole season - we've been lucky with injuries and suspensions, and as I've mentioned we lack pace and creativity.

I'd look at Nick Powell at Wigan plus 1 other to give us options.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe we have missed a trick by not playing 3 centre halves with Dunk given more licence to push forward.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would suggest respectfully that this is a dangerously over-optimistic view. Our midfield lacks pace and creativity. To survive next season we need probably 2 new midfielders. Sidwell is past it now, sadly, we can't expect to rely on 2 from Stephens, Kayal and Propper for a whole season - we've been lucky with injuries and suspensions, and as I've mentioned we lack pace and creativity.

I'd look at Nick Powell at Wigan plus 1 other to give us options.

Probably. Yep we have been very lucky with Kayal being out for most of the season. He has come back at a good time and had a great game against Spurs.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
74 rated attacking midfielder - Would be a good signing.
ca9faafa20f81bee562c65a1b82fcb31.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here