Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Esports

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I used to play LoL at a pretty high standard (also quite a bit of CS:GO) but had to quit due to the sheer amount of time it consumes. Is ok if you make it as a pro or are streaming and getting donations, but the competition is fierce! (+ I'm not getting any younger)

Still occasionally have the odd game of League... Anyone else here play? I did make a post about a year ago on here but no responses.

Was watching a completely unrelated music video on YouTube last night and after it finished it moved on to this:

Holy crapola. This malarkey is getting seriously big.

Opening ceremony of League of Legends World Finals 2017 held in front of a massive crowd in the Bird's Nest Stadium, Bejing. There wasn't even a Chinese team in the final.

Watched live by over 60 million viewers.

Feckin' augmented reality dragon in the production too.

Incidentally 3:47 is rather pleasing on the eye methinks. :drool:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It reminds me of:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
It reminds me of:

I love watching individuals doing commentary on single player games as they play on YouTube, in fact I almost always watch another user play and comment on an entire game straight after I've finished it myself if it's one I've really enjoyed.

Watching a couple of teams of the worlds best players do battle on a top down strategy game, not so much. But then top down strategy games aren't my thing anyway.

There must be something in it though as there's no denying it's getting big (especially in Asia).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Mid is prefered role (Syndra/Cassiopea/Orianna mainly) but will fill if needed. I don't mind playing any lane/role where it's possible to carry a suffering game if required. Bot lane just a bit of a risk as a lot of the time you either get a shit support if ADC or visa versa in Solo Q. At-least from Mid (and Jungle) you can roam and help stop newbs from feeding over and over...

:( I have understood almost nothing of this post. How depressing.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
My son is bang into LoL, Overwatch and Ark. Riot are massive, over 100 million monthly players. They also put a lot of resources into researching toxic behaviour, cheating, griefing, abuse etc and have machine learning automated moderation tech that is helping to improve the game/player environment. They also now run a school club which aims to teach kids about managing their online behaviour, pretty interesting.
https://oce.leaguehighschool.com/club-resources/sportsmanship/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here