Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I completely agree Tim.

I would think that given Zamoras time with us ended 12 years ago,when I'm sure most of the current generation of 20-30 year olds were too young to remember what he bought to the team, I think that those who are negatively looking at this potential move won't remember his time with us.

Also for those who say "never go back", don't forget the positive impact and influence that Steve Foster & Jimmy Case had on the younger players who went on to better clubs than us at the time, like Paul McCarthy, Ian Chapman & Jeff Minton .
'Never Go Back' doesn't apply to RLZ because he already 'went back' to us for his 2nd spell after his initial 1st spell loan :rock:

That didn't turn out too bad...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'd be delighted if we signed Zamora. Not certain it will happen as he'd surely have to take a big wage drop from QPR. However, he has got a connection with the fans here and may see us a great place for the last few years of his career.

However, I really hope he's not the big striker signing this summer for two reasons. 1) He hasn't scored that regularly for anyone since he left us so isn't the 15/20 goal striker we need and I think he'll need a goalscorer to play off him and 2) his fitness record recently isn't great so he probably won't play every game. If he's signed as one of two strikers (or even three) with the other being a goalscorer, then I'd be delighted and it would definitely lift the gloom from last season a bit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
11 goals in the last 4 seasons ..... I know he's a creative player but come on his best years are behind him. Wouldn't be suprised if we signed him but he's hardly gonna be the next ulloa.

That, sadly, is the reality.

We would be willing him to be fit, and to succeed, and desperately hoping we see flashes of the Bobby we had the first time around, but sadly he isn't that player anymore. What would I expect from him second time around? Something pretty similar to what West Ham got from Joe Cole the second time around. A player who has very little left in his tank / locker will often find their way back to the club it all started with, but largely because THAT is where the fans will be the most patient with them.

Love the bloke, he was absolutely magical for us, but personally I'd rather skip the reunion as I think we'd only see someone who would slightly sully our memory of him. Think Micky Adams the second time around, I fear we'd be left thinking "I'm just going to ignore his second spell with us" (and before the pedantic amongst you jump on that, yes technically when we signed Bobby for £100k that was his second spell with us, as his first spell was the loan the previous season, but you KNOW what I mean).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I completely agree Tim.

I would think that given Zamoras time with us ended 12 years ago,when I'm sure most of the current generation of 20-30 year olds were too young to remember what he bought to the team, I think that those who are negatively looking at this potential move won't remember his time with us.

What he brought to the team 12 years ago, is irrelevant, tbh. He's a COMPLETELY different type of striker now, to then. What he brought then, is absolutely not what he would bring now.

To understand what he COULD bring to us now, you need to look at the Zamora who led Fulham to the Europa League final, rather than the one who ran behind L2 dfences 12 years ago.

IMO like.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
images.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Enthusiasm from a guy who freely admits he doesn't actually like or enjoy football and sees it as a job? I don't think so.

Okay now this is bandied around as gospel by some on here but what he actually said was:

'For so many years football has been your life and it’s all everyone wants to talk about, everywhere you go. I don’t like talking about it. I’m not a massive football fan, really. Quite a lot more players than let on are the same.'
'I don’t watch games on an evening or anything like that. A lot of people find it strange.'
'I’m not sure what I want to do after I finish playing but if it means watching football then I don’t want to get involved'

So he doesn't live and breathe football in the same way that many fans do (in fact some on here have freely admitted they're not fussed if the Albion aren't in the equation). So what? I've paid attention to how he's played this season and he made more effort and committed himself far more than many of the gutless whelps that make passable impressions of footballers at QPR. He never said he didn't like football and are you going to tell me he doesn't enjoy actually playing? Just look at his face after scoring that goal against Derby.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
What he brought to the team 12 years ago, is irrelevant, tbh. He's a COMPLETELY different type of striker now, to then. What he brought then, is absolutely not what he would bring now.

To understand what he COULD bring to us now, you need to look at the Zamora who led Fulham to the Europa League final, rather than the one who ran behind L2 dfences 12 years ago.

IMO like.

Completely this, I went to watch one of Fulhams Europa League games and BZ gave probably the greatest individual performance I've witnessed live. Absolutely everything went through him, it was a joy to watch :banana:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
11 goals in the last 4 seasons ..... I know he's a creative player but come on his best years are behind him. Wouldn't be suprised if we signed him but he's hardly gonna be the next ulloa.
Yes his best years are behind him, and if they weren't we wouldn't have a chance. And no, he's not going to be the next Ulloa, but not every striker we try and get has to be the next Ulloa. That doesn't mean he can't benefit our club.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We are missing the big man link up player. A void that only Ulloa filled when Murray left. Yes I'd rather have Murray back for his fitness and younger years but I'd love Bobby back because Bobby has a connection with the fans and the club Murray hasn't got. But BZ can be that missing link on many occasions. Who knows BZ might not only play in someone like Baldock, but might put the ball in the net a few times too. I would like to have seen a BZ CMS partnership, but a Bobby and (insert striker name here) would be fantastic!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That, sadly, is the reality.

We would be willing him to be fit, and to succeed, and desperately hoping we see flashes of the Bobby we had the first time around, but sadly he isn't that player anymore. What would I expect from him second time around? Something pretty similar to what West Ham got from Joe Cole the second time around. A player who has very little left in his tank / locker will often find their way back to the club it all started with, but largely because THAT is where the fans will be the most patient with them.

Love the bloke, he was absolutely magical for us, but personally I'd rather skip the reunion as I think we'd only see someone who would slightly sully our memory of him. Think Micky Adams the second time around, I fear we'd be left thinking "I'm just going to ignore his second spell with us" (and before the pedantic amongst you jump on that, yes technically when we signed Bobby for £100k that was his second spell with us, as his first spell was the loan the previous season, but you KNOW what I mean).

This.

Bloom and Barber clearly know the clubs fan base.

"Right we need to rip them off again"
"FFP"
"That's wearing thin"
"Division 3 cast offs"
"Been there done that"
"I know lets bring an aging, knackered, goal shy club legend back.
The fans will lap it up and forget about everything else"
"Jeeeeez how muggy do you think these mugs are?"

As said before I'd be in over the moon with Bobby's return, along the lines of:-

"As a special treat to the fans, we're adding a bit of experience to our all new, dynamic, young, hungry, attacking front unit...

...heeeerrrreeeeessssss BOBBY"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are missing the big man link up player. A void that only Ulloa filled when Murray left. Yes I'd rather have Murray back for his fitness and younger years but I'd love Bobby back because Bobby has a connection with the fans and the club Murray hasn't got. But BZ can be that missing link on many occasions. Who knows BZ might not only play in someone like Baldock, but might put the ball in the net a few times too. I would like to have seen a BZ CMS partnership, but a Bobby and (insert striker name here) would be fantastic!

RLZ is only 2.5 years older than than Murray, so there are not too many of those 'younger years'.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How can anyone NOT be excited about this?

Who cares if he's not at his best, he is a Brighton LEGEND - it will be an honour to see him back in the stripes. Besides, he'll be quality in this division.

No he's not and those vids are like ancient for Christ sakes....Move on:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here