Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Wishful thinking on Perez i suspect, has to be on a fortune at Arsenal and has been burned by them, desperate to get back to Spain i would imagine.

Some Arsenal blog purported to reveal all the salaries at Arsenal. Perez was reported to be on £70k a week over his 4 year contract. Wouldn't get anywhere near that that at Deportivo (or the Albion). Now being reported that Deportivo have offered £9m.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Some Arsenal blog purported to reveal all the salaries at Arsenal. Perez was reported to be on £70k a week over his 4 year contract. Wouldn't get anywhere near that that at Deportivo (or the Albion). Now being reported that Deportivo have offered £9m.

Sounds about right to me, therefore way out of range to us

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Way more for me, be suprised if he was on less that 65k at Arsenal, probably more

If Perez is available on a wage of around 35-40k then we should be all over it.

Quick scout round the net suggests anywhere from 40-70k depending who you believe. Prior to the transfer, Spanish press saying his salary would double to 40k if he left Depor for Arsenal and I don't see why they'd underestimate it. Interestingly, although he is now banging on about wanting to go back he is also annoyed that a move to China in January was blocked so I guess he could be persuaded for the right contract. All that said, if we could genuinely sign him then I suspect there would be a queue.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Just dont see a 20 odd million pound goalscoring striker going to Arsenal for less than 65k a week... would love to be proved wrong and for him to be in range but doubt it

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Just dont see a 20 odd million pound goalscoring striker going to Arsenal for less than 65k a week... would love to be proved wrong and for him to be in range but doubt it

Check his career prior to that one decent season at Depor and it'll become more believable, even if it is incorrect!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We were after Lucas Perez 3 years ago, so at least he'll remember us sounding him out.

Hope we get him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Just a feeling......and AN has sort of hinted ,that TH will be sold. He IMO just will not get the game time that he seems to insist on.Bloom will not let this players contract run down.He is just too similar to Murray,and playing 2 similar strikers ,is just not going to happen........5million !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just a feeling......and AN has sort of hinted ,that TH will be sold. He IMO just will not get the game time that he seems to insist on.Bloom will not let this players contract run down.He is just too similar to Murray,and playing 2 similar strikers ,is just not going to happen........5million !

I agree with you. I don't see that Tomer has any of the star qualities that you need in the Prem - height, pace, exceptional finishing or the ability to bully defenders, hold the ball up etc. Obviously don't get rid unless you have a replacement but £5 mill pays the wages for a two decent strikers.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Way more for me, be suprised if he was on less that 65k at Arsenal, probably more

If Perez is available on a wage of around 35-40k then we should be all over it.

A £4 million signing bonus can offset a £25,000 wage reduction over 3 years, allowing us to sign players who would normally command £70k a week.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
GK 3 : ??? ( May end up being Sanchez )

Utility defender : Gomez, waiting on Liverpool.

Central Mid : Delaney, impasse over fee.

RWing : Cafu ? Coco ? Haraguchi ?

Striker : Perez ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The latest round of rumours seem to be around Premier league based players, so, I'm expecting a player from Europe who hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
GK 3 : ??? ( May end up being Sanchez )

Utility defender : Gomez, waiting on Liverpool.

Central Mid : Delaney, impasse over fee.

RWing : Cafu ? Coco ? Haraguchi ?

Striker : Perez ?

Sounds about right to me. But do you think the winger would be an addition or to replace an outgoing Skalak or Murphy? Surely we cant have March, Knockaert, Skalak, Murphy, Brown, and a new winger as wide options.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think we may re-visit an earlier mentioned target later. With Baldock, Murphy and Duffy all were rumoured early in the window, then it all went quite before we signed them late on, so, Delaney is still a possibility.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sounds about right to me. But do you think the winger would be an addition or to replace an outgoing Skalak or Murphy? Surely we cant have March, Knockaert, Skalak, Murphy, Brown, and a new winger as wide options.
I doubt the plan is to sell Murphy or Skalak - the club made a point of featuring Skalak in the PL photoshoots, which they certainly wouldn't have if he was half way out of the door.

However, "Every player has a price" of course.

I'm not actually sure we'll bring in a winger now anyway - maybe an U21 like Ollie Burke, or maybe Bjordal will have a role. Brown seems an option in that position as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just based on one game, I know, but based on last night's game I wouldn't mind the club taking a closer look at Southend's Dru Yearwood - looked a terrific young player - great work rate, tackling, speedie, good anticipation and never wasted the ball when he got it. Only 17 too.
So, one for the Dev.squad maybe - but looked ready for 'grown-up' football. Snag might be that he's just signed a four year deal at Sarfend. Could be loaned back for a season if we bought him, I guess.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I'm gonna throw 2 names in the hat........Rico Henry and Jordan Morris. Both would be cheap and worth a punt for the future/back ups.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gomez off the list.

Ales Mateju on the list and may even be signed soon.

Perhaps an update soon, CJ, if you have the time, focusing on the 4 positions the argus mentions ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here