Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
260 here. Based on ST and had 1178 yesterday plus 9 away games 16/17 and as many most seasons before.
Can anyone figure it out?
Is there a 1901 member who has less now maybe?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've got a measly 306. What happened?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I had 1081 this morning, now down to 220.

I assume we now have a new Loyalty scheme that we haven't yet been told about?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had 1081 this morning, now down to 220.

I assume we now have a new Loyalty scheme that we haven't yet been told about?

One that fluctuates on a whim during the day?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
New Website and Loyalty Points

I had 1090 and now 224.

A friend had >1250 and now has 292.

I know TB is a maths guru but looks like someone has screwed up their vlookup.

It's more complicated than DL cricket scores FFS.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think I might know why all this has happened.

There's a new administrator doing the calcs.

Name of D. Abbott :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm beginning to understand why the club wanted that download of "Barber out" posts referenced by user email address.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
419 for me now. Looks like they are done on the old stuff and are about to add the new season stuff. Exciting.

I wonder if they have sorted out that annoying thing when you have enough points to buy an away ticket but the site won't let you so you have to call them. Happened to me three times last year. None a significant problem, but marginally annoying and would be a problem if tickets are scarce.

As an aside I assume the "away season ticket" is completely a thing of the past now? Don't recall any mention of it being dropped though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think I might know why all this has happened.

There's a new administrator doing the calcs.

Name of D. Abbott :)

You may be right although I was waiting for someone to blame Mrs T May as apparently anything that goes wrong in this country is her fault.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wish they were not called 'loyalty' points.

Seems you've got your wish...

1411 & 344. Weird.

Oh, and they're now called Season Ticket Holder Points...

However, as not everyone is a season ticket holder and revised points held doesn't seem to fit with the previous calculation, it does suggest that there may be a new scheme this year that they've not bothered to tell us about yet.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seems you've got your wish...

However, as not everyone is a season ticket holder and revised points held doesn't seem to fit with the previous calculation, it does suggest that there may be a new scheme this year that they've not bothered to tell us about yet.

I can confirm this. I emailed a relevant club employee asking a few questions: have you changed the scheme? When are you planning on telling us? What about the apparent weirdness in the transfer balances? Have you changed the 1901 "premium?" etc.

I received a swift, but in my reading, slightly tetchy reply asking me to wait until the club "release information". I've replied, saying that they have already released information by posting a changed title and updating the points totals to unrecognisable balances.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can confirm this. I emailed a relevant club employee asking a few questions: have you changed the scheme? When are you planning on telling us? What about the apparent weirdness in the transfer balances? Have you changed the 1901 "premium?" etc.

I received a swift, but in my reading, slightly tetchy reply asking me to wait until the club "release information". I've replied, saying that they have already released information by posting a changed title and updating the points totals to unrecognisable balances.

I nearly posted something yesterday in response to [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]'s post earlier in this thread saying, broadly, "does it matter, we can't use the points yet anyway?" comment which, whilst correct in some regard, is also too narrow a view.

As you say - why on earth make these changes without telling anyone? People WILL notice, people WILL contact the club to ask "what's going on with my points?" The club have just set themselves up for a significant influx of emails and calls that I'm sure they could do without.

At the very least, why not put out a news item on the club website, twitter and facebook saying something like "We will be making changes to the points system and you may notice your balance changing. Do not be concerned as we will notify all fans of these changes in the near future."

That's not the ideal though, of course, which would be communicate the mechanics of any schemes to all fans BEFORE making changes to points balances.

It's not difficult this stuff, is it?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Amateur hour again in the club's IT department.

You can't just make changes like this when we've got this many season ticket holders. Just go out with the communication first. It really is that simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here