Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free coach travel to Norwich (AND match tickets now also on sale)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not for East Sussex state schools. Don't know about elsewhere.

East Sussex start on the 3rd, everywhere else seems to start on the 10th for two weeks. I'm a venue coordinator for a national charity and I have had to keep double checking that I have family venues booked in the correct weeks because of the anomaly.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
East Sussex start on the 3rd, everywhere else seems to start on the 10th for two weeks. I'm a venue coordinator for a national charity and I have had to keep double checking that I have family venues booked in the correct weeks because of the anomaly.
So at the QPR game we should get the kids chanting "East, East, East Sussex" and at the Norwich game it will be the turn of their counterparts in the West (+ those school kids from East Sussex who develop a nasty chest infection that morning which seems to miraculously clear up around midday in time to leave for the match...).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So at the QPR game we should get the kids chanting "East, East, East Sussex" and at the Norwich game it will be the turn of their counterparts in the West (+ those school kids from East Sussex who develop a nasty chest infection that morning which seems to miraculously clear up around midday in time to leave for the match...).

Or the West Sussex lot chanting 'Back to school tomorrow' at those further east during the Wigan Athletic match..

Altiplano

Mar 11, 2011
Brighton
For those not driving/going by coach, it should (just about) be possible to get the train back to Brighton after the match. There's a 22:00 train from Norwich to Liverpool Street - get off a stop earlier at Stratford at 23:52, then hop on the Central line to Oxford Circus, change to the Victoria line to London Victoria and then hop on the 01:00 train to Brighton. As it's a Friday, the Night Tube will be running, and the journey between Stratford and Victoria only takes 30mins. This is my plan anyway!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
For those not driving/going by coach, it should (just about) be possible to get the train back to Brighton after the match. There's a 22:00 train from Norwich to Liverpool Street - get off a stop earlier at Stratford at 23:52, then hop on the Central line to Oxford Circus, change to the Victoria line to London Victoria and then hop on the 01:00 train to Brighton. As it's a Friday, the Night Tube will be running, and the journey between Stratford and Victoria only takes 30mins. This is my plan anyway!
Just hope there isn't too much injury time !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Haha. Old school. Literally.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Two tickets bought. Travelling up from Littlehampton for free thanks to Tony Bloom. Thanks very much TB👍👍

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Two tickets bought. Travelling up from Littlehampton for free thanks to Tony Bloom. Thanks very much TB����
Enjoy.

Top effort from the club to identify this as the ideal match for free coach travel. Rewards the loyal away fans and also helps make sure we have full allocation of fans supporting the team in a crucial match.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looks like the 1,000 free coach seats haven't been taken up yet, wonder if there will be any leftover which could be passed onto users of other coaches

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
How do you know this?
I'm surprised those seats have'nt been taken up yet.

Suprised,why,I'm going with 12 others, none fancied going on a sterile coach, it's all about the whole day and like a few be vies etc on the way

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looks like the 1,000 free coach seats haven't been taken up yet, wonder if there will be any leftover which could be passed onto users of other coaches

I doubt it.

Because you can go on their site and book a place

They've also sent out an email advertising places.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Suprised,why,I'm going with 12 others, none fancied going on a sterile coach, it's all about the whole day and like a few be vies etc on the way

Same. Going by train and returning by coach. Can't stand the thought of arriving half an hour before kick off completely sober.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here