Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lots of Brum Tickets Still Available - Next Tuesday 4th April

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Quite. Our expectations about crowds at The Amex have gone through the roof during the last couple of years and now verge on the unrealistic.

A sustained period of success in the top two divisions will build a fanbase to sell out The Amex with demand to spare - but that is a work in progress...

I agree the point about unrealistic, not sure we will build a fan base of 30k though, perhaps when this generation of kids are bringing their kids along but even then I doubt it. maybe i am too pessimistic .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My boys can't come due to School Night and I have asked around as have one upgrade left and had no takers but one maybe. Normally have lots of interest, been asked and helped folk to buy Bristol and Blackburn tickets. I can see why, Mid week games are a pain. I have to leave my house at 4.30pm (Good job I can "work from Home/Car") to make sure I get a spot at Mill Road and other folk simply are not able or willing to knock off early to go to a mid week game. I simply would not risk the train back to deepest darkest West Sussex on a school night.

I wouldn't miss it for the world!
Sympathies for you West Sussex and Brighton folk. Easter holidays are in full swing in the East at that point.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
True, Sky have been moving games about which has seen me obsessively altering travel and accomodation arrangements for away games. Villa is the only one that it was just a question of where I was going to stay on the Saturday night.

I've got the accomodation sorted, Sky isn't an issue but unless they give us a whacking alocation I doubt I'm going to be able to make it ..... come on Villa, be nice!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I agree the point about unrealistic, not sure we will build a fan base of 30k though, perhaps when this generation of kids are bringing their kids along but even then I doubt it. maybe i am too pessimistic .

I'm hoping you are not talking about total fan base, rather selling out the Amex. I would suggest you look to Saturday where just shy of 30k (albion fans) are turning up.

Support isn't just inherited, local football fans will be jumping on board from and despite whatever their prior allegiances were, if any.

Call them what you like, they will be here for as long as we are challenging at the top end and 3-5k more of them waiting should we make it up. These figures will continuously grow at a modest rate for as long as the club continues to build on the support we have with various current and future planned schemes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I guess it all depends on the definition of 'fan' in fan base. The fact we have n't sold out already for these games shows we are approaching the current 'limit' of support. I would love to be proved wrong on this.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Around current limit, yes.

Anywhere near full potential, no.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not surprised with the 'Is there or isn't there a train strike?' indecision which would have certainly put off some Birmingham fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here