Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we win the next three games ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can quite easily see us losing at QPR, Norwich and Villa. Due to home advantage to them, their strong teams/squads, our awful away form at bigger clubs, I cannot remember us ever coming away from those grounds with wins, and our conservative tactics away from home.

Would love to be wrong of course.

We haven't got an awful away form, but I don't think we'll win those games either. Two draws & a loss more likely.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Really need to just focus on whether we'll beat Blackburn for now.

Hopefully we'll enjoy victory, and then can look at an even better looking table.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Blackburn haven't lost in their last 7 games, they won't be a walkover

Actually taken only one less point than us from those 7. But they have drawn 5, including 3 successive 2-2 draws in a period when Albion drawn none. Pick the bones out of that.

Current form (as in last 6) is all over the place, Leeds undefeated, Villa won 5 (but all against teams that are rubbish or on poor run). Time for the top two to say enough is enough and accelerate away....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Can quite easily see us losing at QPR, Norwich and Villa. Due to home advantage to them, their strong teams/squads, our awful away form at bigger clubs.

QPR are 15th, Norwich 8th and Villa 12th, so done really count as bigger clubs this season. Of the 8 teams we have played away between Leeds 4th and QPR 15th we have W3 D4 L1 away.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Blackburn and qpr are two of the best teams in the division currently. 4 points from those two would be an easy yes from me.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
QPR are 15th, Norwich 8th and Villa 12th, so done really count as bigger clubs this season. Of the 8 teams we have played away between Leeds 4th and QPR 15th we have W3 D4 L1 away.

But several posters in this thread have proved to us that Blackburn and QPR are flying, and Villa's home record is good (unsurprising for a PL squad costing > £100m, with massive outlay on quality Championship players in January).

If we have to get a result on the last day at Villa Park to get automatically promoted (after bookies made us 1/20 on in January), there would be a sickening feeling of deja vu for many fans.

The answer. Get win after win in the bag in the next few games.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
But several posters in this thread have proved to us that Blackburn and QPR are flying, and Villa's home record is good (unsurprising for a PL squad costing > £100m, with massive outlay on quality Championship players in January).

If we have to get a result on the last day at Villa Park to get automatically promoted (after bookies made us 1/20 on in January), there would be a sickening feeling of deja vu for many fans.

The answer. Get win after win in the bag in the next few games.

Repeat: Blackburn have taken 1 point less than us (11) from last 7games despite not losing while we have lost 3 in last 7, taking 12 points. Presumably you believe therefore that we are doing better than flying. My point is simply that Blackburn are being overdone: Mowbray has got some steel and belief in them but they concede a lot. But, yes of course we could lose. Is that any different from last 38 games? Can't disagree with your other points but 24 points is still a lot to play for; we shall most likely trip up somewhere and the NSC Grim Reaper will appear multiple times.

We shall probably make it, but we might not. Been like that for quite a long time really....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here