Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welsh FA charged for supporters wearing poppies in the stands.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
[tweet]810828649410756608[/tweet]

No points deductions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38368144

According to the rule-making International Football Association Board (IFAB), players cannot wear "political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images".

That probably means every club in England that had a poppy as part of its shirt will be fined.

_92291925_sidwell_shirt_rex.jpg

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
According to the rule-making International Football Association Board (IFAB), players cannot wear "political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images".

That probably means every club in England that had a poppy as part of its shirt will be fined.

_92291925_sidwell_shirt_rex.jpg

No, because FIFA apply these rules only to matches immediately governed by them; internationals and World Cup qualifiers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd pull out of FIFA and try to start a new world cup with some other disenfranchised countries. I reckon if we took a stand a few other would follow. Australia, USA and a few of the Europeans are fed up with them. And if you could get decent sponsorship on board a few others would follow the money.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I'd pull out of FIFA and try to start a new world cup with some other disenfranchised countries. I reckon if we took a stand a few other would follow. Australia, USA and a few of the Europeans are fed up with them. And if you could get decent sponsorship on board a few others would follow the money.

We might even win it!!! ....sorry getting carried away. Do agree with pulling out though. I mean they have the world series in the states with hardly any of the world involved so could be?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I feel we should start a campaign with all football fans sending postcards to FIFA but what would we say apart from Fuxk off.
I do feel that FIFA have got this wrong.
Or should we just ignore them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I feel we should start a campaign with all football fans sending postcards to FIFA but what would we say apart from Fuxk off.
I do feel that FIFA have got this wrong.
Or should we just ignore them.

It's a real hard thing to do, to break away from this mafia gang, but someone has to make a stance. An FA as big as our own would surely be a house of cards?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here