Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Anthony Knockaert's Dad

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
The club have done a great deal over the last 18 months to make me exceptionally proud to be an Albion fan. This, however, may have topped the lot. That the squad and manager travelled to France to support their friend and colleague speaks volumes about the characters we have at the club.

Having lost my own father a few years back, I know how important the support of friends is to see you through the grieving period, and I'll admit that those photos brought a tear to my eye. If Knocky didn't know how much he was valued at the club beforehand, he certainly does now. We might not be able to compete with the financial clout of other clubs, but I can't think of another football organisation with as much heart as ourselves.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Probably would've been better off keeping it unpublicised, as some will always try to look for negatives. "Where's Murray" give it a rest

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not at all. I was eating dinner and got a message that before people started accusing the players of being out on the lash, I may wish to share that they went to the funeral, came back straight after and that Glenn Murray was unable to go for a good reason. I don't know what the reason is and as it has absolutely nothing to do with me I didn't ask. But before people did start putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 764 I made that quick post. And then finished my dinner.

Sorry - there's really nothing to see here.
Yeah but....

...what did you have for dinner?

Jimmy Grimble

Apparently they shouldn't be smiling for the picture according to others on social media[emoji44]

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Could be that over 60 yrs (bloody hell:eek:) of supporting the club, through thick 'n' thin. I have never felt better about this club than I do at this moment.
We really have turned the corner in so many ways. It is difficult to find or even consider anything the club has got wrong. Felt good when after scoring an awesome goal, all Sidwell can think off is grabbing 'the shirt' but seeing the pics of the boys at the funeral is the icing on the cake. :bowdown:

That a couple of posters need struggle to find something negative to comment about, says far far more about them than it does of the players. . :albion2:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Could be that over 60 yrs (bloody hell:eek:) of supporting the club, through thick 'n' thin. I have never felt better about this club than I do at this moment.
We really have turned the corner in so many ways. It is difficult to find or even consider anything the club has got wrong. Felt good when after scoring an awesome goal, all Sidwell can think off is grabbing 'the shirt' but seeing the pics of the boys at the funeral is the icing on the cake. :bowdown:

That a couple of posters need struggle to find something negative to comment about, says far far more about them than it does of the players. . :albion2:
Yes I agree, and there has been plenty of thin over the years (I'm coming up 50 in a couple of months but it's a long time). At many times I have had to separate in my mind the fact that I support Brighton from my views of our players or from my views of the club. Right now I feel very positive on all fronts. Very proud at the moment. I wish AK and his remaining family all the very best and look forward to his return when he's ready

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

99% agree - but I'm still pissed off with them doing away with the Pie and Pint deal!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Amazing togetherness in the squad. Very proud

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Apparently they shouldn't be smiling for the picture according to others on social media[emoji44]

I saw some saying stupid stuff like that

I assume it is kids that have never been to a funeral and therefore have only seen them on TV where people constantly cry.

I have only been to a couple but found them to be rather cheery in an odd sort of way.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I assume it is kids that have never been to a funeral and therefore have only seen them on TV where people constantly cry.

I have only been to a couple but found them to be rather cheery in an odd sort of way.

Totally correct, a celebration of life and often an opportunity to meet up with friends and family

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Additionally, coming out of a funeral can be mean a huge lifting of burden, grief and stress. That, and Knocky was pleased to see his friends and work colleagues, leads to a not inappropriate photo.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Additionally, coming out of a funeral can be mean a huge lifting of burden, grief and stress. That, and Knocky was pleased to see his friends and work colleagues, leads to a not inappropriate photo.

One thing I noticed from one of the pictures he posted was that I think it could be a world record for photograph containing the highest percentage of people either looking the wrong way or blinking

It almost appeared as if it wasn't known to him before the day that they would all be coming across as he seemed kind of surprised about it.

I also haven't seen it on the club twitter which I think is an added bit of class - not making a big deal of supporting their player. It has all been from the players about supporting their friend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here