Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the TWO GAY footballers in todays MIRROR ?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If they are pressured into it, it will be disgusting but fingers crossed somebody CHOOSES to soon and then the papers can get it out their system (as doubt more than 1% of biggoted fans will care) and then we can all ignore future stores and those who feel they have to hide it because of being in the public eye can relax like they should be able to

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ooo stop it, you're making me hard to reply.

I mean whats better? Taking out a subscription to match.com or a free front page splash in the Mirror? Its not like they are bending any rules or playing hard to get?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I mean whats better? Taking out a subscription to match.com or a free front page splash in the Mirror? Its not like they are bending any rules or playing hard to get?

**** it. That thrashes me 4-0. I'll give in without a whimper.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can't believe its such as big deal anymore, who cares?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I look forward to the day when such things aren't even worth a mention, far less a front page story.

Therein lies the rub. In 2015, "footballer likes men" should be no more a headline than "footballer likes the ocassional round of golf", but it's the fact that in the 150 year history the game no current, top-level player has yet 'come out' that makes it such a huge story.

In that respect, being the first player out of the closet does necessitate incredible bravery, whether it should do or not. Not because there's likely to be an onslaught of hatred and ridicule, I honestly believe there would be nothing but good will from all but a tiny minority of knuckledraggers (whose opions aren't worth worrying about anyway), but because that individual would be at the very centre of UK if not global news for a substantial period of time. The sentiment is irrelevent, who really wants their personal life analysed in such a way and on such a massive scale?

For me, the first big name to openly declare themselves as gay will, in time, be remembered as a gamechanger and a hero by many, but he'll have to withstand a substantial amount of intrusion and uncomfortableness in the interim. Being prepared and able to cope with that will take a big man in every important sense of the word. Whenever and whoever that is, I wish him well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The biggest shock is that some of the England team have 'come out' as footballers.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what a non story. literally. they are filling column inches to tell the world there might be a story about something sometime in the future. must be a slow news day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Therein lies the rub. In 2015, "footballer likes men" should be no more a headline than "footballer likes the ocassional round of golf",

Let's keep things in perspective. Being outed as a golfer is surely far worse than being outed as gay? Imagine the shame and embarrassment if it was you.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What you need to remember is that it IS a big issue in some cultures and countries, the PL is a global brand. Us Brightonians who have grown up with homosexuality all around us will not bat an eyelid but there are many that will not accept it and for that reason it is a BIG issue. I can tell you now that it would be enough for some fans here in Kenya to stop supporting a certain team if they had a gay player.

For that reason I want the players to 'come out', to educate some cultures on just how narrow minded and antiquated their views are.

Jan 30, 2008
What you need to remember is that it IS a big issue in some cultures and countries, the PL is a global brand. Us Brightonians who have grown up with homosexuality all around us will not bat an eyelid but there are many that will not accept it and for that reason it is a BIG issue. I can tell you now that it would be enough for some fans here in Kenya to stop supporting a certain team if they had a gay player.

For that reason I want the players to 'come out', to educate some cultures on just how narrow minded and antiquated their views are.

Rubbish
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here