Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If that’s the case, why not have another vote, you’d be bound to win again, or are you scaredy-cats?

Why waste our money?Perhaps if you crowd-funded the full cost,or got one of your Kremlin backers to pay.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Goodness. I didn't realise that devotion to the Albion was an issue here. I'm not sure it should be but now we're on the subject how many matches do you go to a year?

I was replying to Blackadder,not you,but being politer than remoaners I go to away games when I am able.How often do you attend Lincoln matches?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You want to answer any of the questions asked in the last set of posts? No? Nah you never do. Scared of losing a vote!

I don't bother reading your childish scribbles,so I have no idea what you are on about.Is it half-term already?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I was replying to Blackadder,not you,but being politer than remoaners I go to away games when I am able.How often do you attend Lincoln matches?
Why would I want to go to Lincoln matches?

(But I always try to answer questions. It seems polite. I have been to four, three of them involving the Albion. I note you've done a politician's swerve to my question btw. No worries.)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I realise that the responses to this post might range from 'who gives a toss?' to 'good riddance', but I think the most constructive contribution I can make to this thread is to leave it and give a brief explanation.

If ever there was a dialogue of the deaf then it's this thread; it is almost literally pointless in that it's almost impossible to imagine anyone here changing their views as a result of anyone else's contributions. The only reason for staying is not to 'concede the space' to opponents. Also although there are some decent folk on here (who almost all would be rather more decent when discussing other topics on the NSC site), there is a nasty undercurrent of traded insults and one or two people whose company is not really very enjoyable.

In short, the thread is something of a microcosm of what Brexit has done to the country. I shall of course visit the asylum but only to check up on the inmates every now and again! Bon voyage.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's really all over bar the shouting (of which there will be a significant amount from those whose total contribution is to shout meaningless drivel) All this b******s about numbers of voters, demonstrators, parliamentary process, Chequers, 'no deal' etc is just that.

As I've said once or twice, it was always a narrative, never a negotiation, and it was obvious from 2.5 years ago where it was heading.

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b-620x234.jpg

When (or even if) it dawns on Pretty pink fairy, Two professors and melias shoes what is obviously going to happen, I guess the temper tantrums will start

iStock_000010665240Small.jpg

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Does anyone know anybody who voted 'remain' and have now changed their minds about brexit?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I realise that the responses to this post might range from 'who gives a toss?' to 'good riddance', but I think the most constructive contribution I can make to this thread is to leave it and give a brief explanation.

If ever there was a dialogue of the deaf then it's this thread; it is almost literally pointless in that it's almost impossible to imagine anyone here changing their views as a result of anyone else's contributions. The only reason for staying is not to 'concede the space' to opponents. Also although there are some decent folk on here (who almost all would be rather more decent when discussing other topics on the NSC site), there is a nasty undercurrent of traded insults and one or two people whose company is not really very enjoyable.

In short, the thread is something of a microcosm of what Brexit has done to the country. I shall of course visit the asylum but only to check up on the inmates every now and again! Bon voyage.

It would be a shame if you left - your thoughtful posts are among those I look out for.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Sadly, this is probably the most honest and accurate post on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, after this March, did we get another referendum? Another chance for the idiots to go out and vote exactly the same way.
What a waste of time.

Are you sure of that?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/to...erendum-on-brexit-says-sunday-times-1-5745516

An interesting debate between Nigel Farage and Andrew Adonis where AA points out that Leave means Leave actually means different things to different people. Farage accidentally makes the case for a people's vote.
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/to...oples-vote-with-nigel-farage-on-lbc-1-5745484

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bit of Brexit nostalgia to start the day...

Capture.JPG

Boy we're come a long way since December

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I can see your frustration.

You have been a powerful contributor to this thread but the quality of engagement to your posts from many (but not all) on the other side has been exceeding poor.

I'm sure your energy will be well channelled into persuading soft leavers that Brexit is a huge mistake and a tragedy for our nation. The hard liners are best left alone, they can spend their days reading the comments sections of the Express and just get more and more angry with the world around them, if it isn't Brexit it will be something else

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s was always going to be like that. The Tories are so divided nothing could unite them

So divided that a Tory backbencher told May to bring her own noose to a meeting.

In an article in the Sunday Times, a Tory backbencher was quoted as saying: "The moment is coming when the knife gets heated, stuck in her front and twisted. She'll be dead soon."

The PM was also told to "bring her own noose" to a meeting later this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45938754

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So divided that a Tory backbencher told May to bring her own noose to a meeting.

In an article in the Sunday Times, a Tory backbencher was quoted as saying: "The moment is coming when the knife gets heated, stuck in her front and twisted. She'll be dead soon."

The PM was also told to "bring her own noose" to a meeting later this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45938754

Evocative words, clearly brexit is getting to some although I wonder how much of this is out of the ordinary? I can imagine MPs like to think of themselves taking part in some Shakespearean play. Either way whoever said this is a bit of a nob and is probably best not working as an MP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here