Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just started this Stephen King serial killer yarn, looking good so far.

MrM.jpg

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Killing Eve - my favourite series of the year. Highly recommended. Just started Castle Rock which looks very good.
This year my favourite channel is Amazon....my saving The Expanse!

Killing Eve was great fun wasn't it. And yet again, someone else recommends The Expanse. I feel like I really should get my act together on that.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Killing Eve - my favourite series of the year. Highly recommended. Just started Castle Rock which looks very good.
This year my favourite channel is Amazon....my saving The Expanse!

Going through Killing Eve this week as BBC America did a binge day last week and I recorded the lot. Very very good with some dark humour in there as well.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Not sure it has been mentioned but wild, wild country is great. Docu-series about a cult in the US in the early 80s, brilliant stuff.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm definitely all over this - I'm watching Goliath at the mo', created by David Kelley, and I'm the mood for more of him. Good spot sir.

Loved Mr Mercedes... watched first episode of Goliath tonight... WTF... I'd watch another if I didnt have to get up early tomorrow!

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Having not long realised that we actually had Amazon TV and flicking through for a box set to try out, we happened upon - Preacher - anyone else seen this?

Really into it now after a slow start and wasn’t convinced that it was for me but thoroughly enjoying it and well into season two currently....

“A possessed minister teams up with his ex an a hard drinking Irish Vampire in search of answers”

If I’d read that before hand then I’d never of started watching the thing and So i’m very pleased that I didn’t (read it).

usa_seaside

Jul 31, 2018
Not sure it has been mentioned but wild, wild country is great. Docu-series about a cult in the US in the early 80s, brilliant stuff.

Yes, I would whole heartedly recommend wild wild country. this is coming from someone who is moderately interested in documentaries, however this one is thrilling and told very well by the duplass brothers (on Netflix).

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
4th Season of 'Better Call Saul' starts next Monday

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Having not long realised that we actually had Amazon TV and flicking through for a box set to try out, we happened upon - Preacher - anyone else seen this?

Really into it now after a slow start and wasn’t convinced that it was for me but thoroughly enjoying it and well into season two currently....

“A possessed minister teams up with his ex an a hard drinking Irish Vampire in search of answers”

If I’d read that before hand then I’d never of started watching the thing and So i’m very pleased that I didn’t (read it).

Another greats series. First two seasons great but haven't watched 3 yet.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I was about to start a new thread looking for recommendations on Netflix but this seems to do the trick. Loved Better Call Saul and BB, Louis Theroux, Detectorists, Narcos etc. Any tips please?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Deep State pretty standard.

Billions as always keeps me riveted.

Totally in agreement. I wouldn’t recommend anyone goes out of their way to watch Deep State and the fact that there seems to be no plan to commission a second series is all anyone needs to know. Billions is excellent.

I started watching Sharp Objects a few weeks ago and that has been pretty decent, so I would recommend checking out that one.

Looking forward to Better Call Saul and Ozarks returning soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was about to start a new thread looking for recommendations on Netflix but this seems to do the trick. Loved Better Call Saul and BB, Louis Theroux, Detectorists, Narcos etc. Any tips please?

Low Karate has inadvertently recommended your next watch:-

Osark.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Series 2 and 3 are as good.4 is on the way sometime.Let me know what you think when you've seen 2.

I finished Gomorrah Series 2 a couple of weeks back. The first few episodes followed the routine of establishing a new plot focus with The Alliance and so for my liking it took a long time to get going, but it certainly got stronger as the series progressed (more dramatic scenes) and it is in a good position for Series 3.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here