Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nick Powell

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So I assume we no longer have an interest in the Wigan Forward?

Who have we got in this summer who would have filled a similar role?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He was never likely to be a starter for us. Bringing him in would help with the HGP numbers but would he add to our squad?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I still think we should pursue him, he's a HGP and he could play in a number of attacking positions. I think he could be a bit of a wildcard but for his career's sake, I would suggest he's better off staying where he is and playing regular football.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'm really surprised we have't signed him after our interest last season. Would be relatively cheap, good age, HGP. Versatile.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It’s a position we’re still a tad light in IMO. He can play anywhere in midfield which is a bonus and would take our central midfield players to 6 (including Pascal), a plus factoring in injuries and suspensions over the course of the season. Talking about fleeting interests in midfielders, what ever happened to our interest in Hayden?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It’s a position we’re still a tad light in IMO. He can play anywhere in midfield which is a bonus and would take our central midfield players to 6 (including Pascal), a plus factoring in injuries and suspensions over the course of the season. Talking about fleeting interests in midfielders, what ever happened to our interest in Hayden?

We signed Bissouma instead. Part of our cluster approach to signings. Soon as we got him interest in Hayden ended.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I would assume that we decided on Jahanbakhsh and Bissouma as better options.as likely starters

But Iranian Ali is a winger whereas Powell is a no.10 in the mould of Gross, with added bonus of being able to play slightly deeper as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But Iranian Ali is a winger whereas Powell is a no.10 in the mould of Gross, with added bonus of being able to play slightly deeper as well.

As has been said we have signed Bissouma for the midfield and apparently Janhanbakhsh can play anywhere across the front and has been mentioned as playing in Gross position, I dont know as like most have never seen him play other than in a couple of World Cup games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Professional Northerner, his head would probably explode if he moved south of Manchester.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He was never likely to be a starter for us. Bringing him in would help with the HGP numbers but would he add to our squad?

Not now he wouldn't, I know Powerl is adaptable, can play centre midfield, wide right, or as a number 10, but we now have players who can fill those positions better than him l think.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Blimey. If we're going to start threads about players we're not interested in, there's great scope for fun.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Blimey. If we're going to start threads about players we're not interested in, there's great scope for fun.

to be fair to the OP. Powell looks to be on Villas radar today and we've sold Baldock yesterday.

Was well known we were sniffing about so fair Q.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good old Nixon at the Sun reckons we ( and Celtic ) want him in January.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here