Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spotify - A question

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I am off to the South of France for a few weeks and want some music. Please note I am not a techie chap. I have an old I Phone which we are currently using for music via a free Spotify app. It works fine for ramdon music with adverts. I wont have Wi Fi where I am going so need to get some play lists sorted, but I am not sure the best way, so am asking for help from the good old NSC.

If I join spotify for the 9.99 a month, is it based on an account or per device, so basically if I join and download via a laptop for speed etc, will it work on the I phone once logged in?

Do I need a Wi Fi connection once it is downloaded?

Is there any alternatives to Spotify which are better and maybe cheaper?

thanks

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I can promise you it's more than 3 devices that can be registered for offline use. Although, that said, you can only use one device per account at the same time - i.e If my girlfriend is listening on her phone, I can't listen to anything on mine without cutting her off.

£9.99 is an absolute f*****g steal though. Seriously, it's amazing, and £120 a year is peanuts in comparison to what I would spend without it.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just one note of caution. Before you go download your playlists over wifi to your phone. Last week I uploadef about a dozen spngs over 4G and used nearly half my monthly data allowance in just a few minutes. Apart from that hiccup I agree Spotify is great.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just one note of caution. Before you go download your playlists over wifi to your phone. Last week I uploadef about a dozen spngs over 4G and used nearly half my monthly data allowance in just a few minutes. Apart from that hiccup I agree Spotify is great.

thanks, thats why I asked about multi devices as I would create the play lists on the laptop and then was hoping once logged in on the phone they would all be there. Seems from above they will be which is excellent news.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
thanks, thats why I asked about multi devices as I would create the play lists on the laptop and then was hoping once logged in on the phone they would all be there. Seems from above they will be which is excellent news.

Sort of. On the phone you need to tell it to make the playlist available offline (i.e. to download it). So do that when you're on WiFi.

Put the phone into Airplane Mode after and play some songs to just make sure it's worked ok.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
[MENTION=17608]chucky1973[/MENTION] If you go over the 30 days without 'calling home to Spotify' then your playlists will not be able to be played. I highlighted this because you stated that you would be away for a few weeks. :)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Sort of. On the phone you need to tell it to make the playlist available offline (i.e. to download it). So do that when you're on WiFi.

Put the phone into Airplane Mode after and play some songs to just make sure it's worked ok.

thanks for that Bozza.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
[MENTION=17608]chucky1973[/MENTION] If you go over the 30 days without 'calling home to Spotify' then your playlists will not be able to be played. I highlighted this because you stated that you would be away for a few weeks. :)

Cheers, going to have to time this just right!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here