Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We're 1-nil down, who gives a ****?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Gets sung fairly often at away games.

Full chant is:
We’re 1-0 down
Who gives a ****
We’re Brighton and Hove Albion
And we’re staying up

It first got sung during the occasional defeat during our promotion season (but going up instead of staying up).

I can remember it being sung at Fulham and Birmingham, when both teams took the lead.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Totally agree. I can't stand that stupid chant. Everyone gives a **** about losing.

And that stupid "Small town in wherever". Both extremely tinpot.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Totally agree. I can't stand that stupid chant. Everyone gives a **** about losing.

And that stupid "Small town in wherever". Both extremely tinpot.
Both chants are annoying, as we remind each other whenever we hear them (nearly every away game for the last 11 months).

Can you imagine any of the established Premier League clubs' supporters singing either? Or most other clubs in fact. Tinpot indeed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Not everyone does give a **** about losing. Plenty of our team seem less than fussed, depending on whether we expected the opposition to be good or not.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
:shrug:

If this is all we have to worry about in life.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Both chants are annoying, as we remind each other whenever we hear them (nearly every away game for the last 11 months).

Can you imagine any of the established Premier League clubs' supporters singing either? Or most other clubs in fact. Tinpot indeed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Whats an away game ? clearly some event attended by the same people each time ?
No seriously I used to go and now dont have enough points and the same people hog the away tickets each game . when I did go the chants were dreadful away from home . moronic I am sad to say

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
No seriously I used to go and now dont have enough points and the same people hog the away tickets each game

Sorry, you can not use that excuse any more. My friends are 'only' bronze members and were able to get City tickets for Saturday.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I agree. I mean, I REFUSED to sing the Sidwell song. I simply could NOT forgive my wife for sleeping with him.

Why are we FORCED to sing these songs where people clearly haven't assessed the lyrics for their accuracy?

The "On our way" song used to make my blood BOIL.

"How do we get there? I don't know". Yes you do. We play 46 competitive football matches with 3 points awarded to the winner, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss. The teams are then ranked based on their points accumulated over the games, with the best teams being promoted.

I'm so glad there is someone else who hates inaccurate football chants.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I agree. I mean, I REFUSED to sing the Sidwell song. I simply could NOT forgive my wife for sleeping with him.

Why are we FORCED to sing these songs where people clearly haven't assessed the lyrics for their accuracy?

"How do we get there? I don't know". Yes you do. We play 46 competitive football matches with 3 points awarded to the winner, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss. The teams are then ranked based on their points accumulated over the games, with the best teams being promoted.

Are you alright? I sense that you seem upset.

It's people like you who saw the demise of "I'm a knock kneed chicken". And knees up Brighton Town. We had it good in the 70's. Just ask Toughman.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

While we're on the subject, how many people does it actually take to burn down Selhurst Park, and are they now incarcerated? And correct me if I'm wrong, last time I checked it's still (barely) standing and not a pile of rubble and ash though some might disagree. Very confused.

Before my time but I was also under the impression that Peter Ward wore the number 8 jersey, and didn't operate a round robin system of numbers 1 through 12. :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's people like you who saw the demise of "I'm a knock kneed chicken". And knees up Brighton Town. We had it good in the 70's. Just ask Toughman.

I imagine city status had more of a part to play in that than me. As a fan of chant accuracy, that can only be a good thing.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I like the chant. Have good memories of singing it at Fulham when we went one down and then singing a different version when we took the lead

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well whoever is singing the " 1-0 down, who gives a ....." song is getting plenty of practise this season.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Great chant especially when we've managed to nick a point by scoring two goals back.

It doesn't matter what chant we sing, someone will always find something to moan about it.

Really need a raised eyebrow smiley now.........

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I do.
I'm sick of hearing this chant.

We're 4-nil down, who gives a ****? might just be acceptable if we're at one of the big teams and there's only 3 minutes left.
Less than that and more time than that - No.

Perhaps you could sing the PL favourite, when playing away......

"I'm not a ST holder,
only borrowing it,
just don't tell the shareholder"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here