Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Whale in the Thames

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any more fat birds we can mock?

Hattie Jakes? Just typing it is ****ing hilarious!

:facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What is it that about Jo Brand that the more erm "fervent "right winger finds so threatening?

I remember her saying after being heckled about her weight , “ I keep myself fat so wankers like you don’t fancy me”

She’s ok.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What is it that about Jo Brand that the more erm "fervent "right winger finds so threatening?

She is morbidly obese which is a drain on the NHS, she makes jokes about being fat whilst campaigning for labour. Hilarious. Oh and she supports Palace. That's it for me. Is that enough or do I need something else?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She is morbidly obese which is a drain on the NHS, she makes jokes about being fat whilst campaigning for labour. Hilarious. Oh and she supports Palace. That's it for me. Is that enough or do I need something else?

I need some clarity here.
So can’t you be a political activist for the Labour Party if you are overweight ?
Would it be better to campaign for the Liberals if you can pinch an inch then ?
What if you are anorexic ? Is that SNP only ?
Help here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No but I have eyes.

"BMI is defined by the ratio of an individual's height to his or her weight. ... An individual is considered morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight, has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 or more and experiencing obesity-related health conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes"

and

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jo-brand-branded-morbidly-obese-7579803

You're jumping to conclusions. Yes, doctors warn us that obesity can lead to problems but it isn't guaranteed. A relative of mine was very overweight, but didn't have diabetes, nor a heart attack, although she did have a stroke aged 90. She recovered from that and eventually died aged 96 of a further stroke.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I need some clarity here.
So can’t you be a political activist for the Labour Party if you are overweight ?
Would it be better to campaign for the Liberals if you can pinch an inch then ?
What if you are anorexic ? Is that SNP only ?
Help here.

Exactly.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Fond memories of the last time this happened away at Sheffield United and the fans singing “what’s it like to swim the Thames” to Paddy Kenny

:lolol: I'm sitting in hospital recovering from a stomach operation and that hurt

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dame Vera Lynn has been heard walking the banks of the Thames, singing her old wartime favourite... 'Whale meat again'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here