Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton out- Discuss

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not a very subtle troll albeit one that is likely to (and has) receive bites. Perhaps having generated so many pages on this thread deserves extra fishing points. Overall fishing grade: C+

:facepalm:

Perhaps you could counter the argument as to why you think CH is the best thing since sliced bread?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's a shame the OP decided to go 'social media inflammatory' target click bait over an actual discussion.

I do think CH needs to be quizzed over recent performances.
We look a shadow of the team v Utd.
Tactics have been too defensive recently.
The team has started appallingly for the last 3 games.

But all that goes by the wayside if your opening gambit is something as cretinous as Hughton out.

You're correct 'Stat',something has changed,we had no shots on goal during the first half today whilst scoring three against Utd in the same period. Whats changed? didn't think Spurs were all that, as displayed in the second half. Its the head coach who sets the strategy, game plan and the team selection. WE can play some really good football, so where's the confidence gone Chris, I've never seen him so animated as when Spurs scored their second. We need to stop the current trend and that is about CH and no one else.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Snap. Give us your views on how we set up at the start of games then. We come out against Spurs against whom we expect to lose and we came out against Soton exactly the same.

Do you think that March continues to warrant a starting place rather than coming on as a sub?

Maybe I have different expectations, I would like us to be more positive from the off and not go two nil down before we start to play. But suggesting CH should be sacked is not helpful. I just hope we do better then three other teams over the season, anything more is a bonus. Besides he has got a very good record with getting teams promoted.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you think that March continues to warrant a starting place rather than coming on as a sub?

Dunno, I'm not watching him in training every day and comparing his fitness, routines, ability to absorb instructions and I'm not a UEFA Pro qualified coach, so I leave that to the professionals.

It's similar in relation to medicine, I have watched a few episodes of Casualty many years ago, but that doesn't mean I pop round to my next door neighbour, who is an A&E consultant, and tell him how to do his job, or suggest he gets the sack.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And how many England stars, for that matter any international stars, were lined up against us on Monday?

We got an away point on Monday, which is one more than we usually get. We went down by a single goal today against a 'Big Six' side, just like we did at Liverpool away.

Your expectations are unrealistic.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We got an away point on Monday, which is one more than we usually get. We went down by a single goal today against a 'Big Six' side, just like we did at Liverpool away.

Your expectations are unrealistic.

You are completely missing he point. We have not won away since a lucky deflection of Murray's knee at the Liberty Stadium last November 4th. Is it unrealistic that we should go out to try and win against a team like Southampton? I'm not saying we should expect to beat teams like Spurs just that we should roll over like we did. The stats will show we lost by one goal but the reality is we only scored when the game was gone. Yes, AK might have grabbed an equalizer at the death but htt would not change the way we seemingly approached the game from the off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dunno, I'm not watching him in training every day and comparing his fitness, routines, ability to absorb instructions and I'm not a UEFA Pro qualified coach, so I leave that to the professionals.

It's similar in relation to medicine, I have watched a few episodes of Casualty many years ago, but that doesn't mean I pop round to my next door neighbour, who is an A&E consultant, and tell him how to do his job, or suggest he gets the sack.

Is that the best you can come up with. Does it not occur to that what is relevant is what you do in the 90 minutes in a competitive game. I guess you'd be the the type of manager that would have dropped George Best the first time he had a drink or the same with Gazza. How dull would football be under your watch.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Is that the best you can come up with. Does it not occur to that what is relevant is what you do in the 90 minutes in a competitive game. I guess you'd be the the type of manager that would have dropped George Best the first time he had a drink or the same with Gazza. How dull would football be under your watch.

You on the sauce too?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You are completely missing he point. We have not won away since a lucky deflection of Murray's knee at the Liberty Stadium last November 4th. Is it unrealistic that we should go out to try and win against a team like Southampton? I'm not saying we should expect to beat teams like Spurs just that we should roll over like we did. The stats will show we lost by one goal but the reality is we only scored when the game was gone. Yes, AK might have grabbed an equalizer at the death but htt would not change the way we seemingly approached the game from the off.

OK we had 28% possession today, but no way did we roll over. Knocky fluffed a gilt-edged chance before his goal, and Solly beat his man and got to the line a respectable number of times only to look across to find nobody in the stripes in the box. Plus we had a goal disallowed that on another day might have been given. That's not rolling over in my book.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe I have different expectations, I would like us to be more positive from the off and not go two nil down before we start to play. But suggesting CH should be sacked is not helpful. I just hope we do better then three other teams over the season, anything more is a bonus. Besides he has got a very good record with getting teams promoted.

That's fine but 'just hoping' there are three worse teams might not be the most effective way of avoiding relegation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
OK we had 28% possession today, but no way did we roll over. Knocky fluffed a gilt-edged chance before his goal, and Solly beat his man and got to the line a respectable number of times only to look across to find nobody in the stripes in the box. Plus we had a goal disallowed that on another day might have been given. That's not rolling over in my book.

Exactly what do you consider a 'respectable' number of times? On one occasion he got free on the left and, as you say, no one was in the box, so he just crossed and from a deflection got a corner. On Monday, he got free on the left and crossed into empty space and that time no one deflected the cross. Surely, as a winger, you look up before crossing and if no one is there, you hold the ball.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The first half performance was awfully negative, offering next to nothing, no fire, no fight, possession handed back immediately. For a home team. Yes, on paper Spurs have a far better first 11 than us, but because we offered nowt, they visibly grew in confidence after their recent setbacks. The question was which Albion were going to turn up? The one that played ManU or the one that played the first half at St.Mary's. Unfortunately the latter.

Perhaps CH sought the ManU type performance, but on the night the players arose from their slumber an hour too late?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You're correct 'Stat',something has changed,we had no shots on goal during the first half today whilst scoring three against Utd in the same period. Whats changed? didn't think Spurs were all that, as displayed in the second half. Its the head coach who sets the strategy, game plan and the team selection. WE can play some really good football, so where's the confidence gone Chris, I've never seen him so animated as when Spurs scored their second. We need to stop the current trend and that is about CH and no one else.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

We were in a competitive match with a team that has qualified for the Champions League for third, second & third in the Premier League for the last three seasons and who beat Real Madrid within the last year.

We’re Brighton & Hove Albion, our starting XI featured two former youth team players and others signed from Charlton, Blackburn Rovers and Wigan. Our player of the season from 2017/18 is presently injured too.

The match went broadly as expected, Spurs controlled it without looking threatening, we closed space down well but struggled to create chances but could have snatched a point at the end.

I didn’t think Chris Hughton should have been knighted when practically the same starting XI beat Manchester United a month ago and don’t think he should be sacked tonight.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We were in a competitive match with a team that has qualified for the Champions League for third, second & third in the Premier League for the last three seasons and who beat Real Madrid within the last year.

We’re Brighton & Hove Albion, our starting XI featured two former youth team players and others signed from Charlton, Blackburn Rovers and Wigan. Our player of the season from 2017/18 is presently injured too.

The match went broadly as expected, Spurs controlled it without looking threatening, we closed space down well but struggled to create chances but could have snatched a point at the end.

I didn’t think Chris Hughton should have been knighted when practically the same starting XI beat Manchester United a month ago and don’t think he should be sacked tonight.

Thanks, now can you do the same analysis on the Southampton game?

The Charlton player you refer to was wanted by Burnley who were playing in the Europa league this season, the Wigan player, a former Cameroon international, and the Blackburn player, a current Irish international. You do yourself a disservice by dismissing their them based on their former clubs!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You’ve argued the minutiae of the written posts without providing a single coherent argument for binning off a manager who’s taken us from the Championship relegation danger zone to 13th in the Premier League whilst garnering massive respect within the entire football community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You’ve argued the minutiae of the written posts without providing a single coherent argument for binning off a manager who’s taken us from the Championship relegation danger zone to 13th in the Premier League whilst garnering massive respect within the entire football community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s cos he can’t, he’s just :fishing: and enjoying the attention he is getting!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here