Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex CCC v Leicestershire CCC, LVCC Div2, Hove, 4-7 September 2018,10.30 KO's***

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Seems you misunderstand.
There's a very big difference between simply trying to stay around. You'll get a bad bounce or one that sticks in the pitch and you'll be gone.
Whereas, take the attack to the bowlers and it's actually a wicket you can accumulate quickly on.

Would be good for 20/20.

I was just being silly - trying to lighten the mood of this dire situation. Hope I didn't make it worse...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was just being silly - trying to lighten the mood of this dire situation. Hope I didn't make it worse...
Nothing wrong with a bit of gallows humour.

Haines and Salt are following TSB's advice - in for a good time not a long time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey. Cosgrove needs to climb over the hoardings - hope no-one has to help lift him over

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Probably to give Archer and Robinson more time to recover.
Yes. That was definitely a factor in the decision.

Internet radio goons have just been discussing Leicestershire's chances of chasing 400+...

And now bleating on about Brown's error in batting again because another ball has just moved off the seam... yeah - it's going to stop doing that isn't it...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
27-2

These commentators are going to be seriously irritating as they insist on claiming Leicestershire are still in the game - and have been somehow gifted that by Sussex - when they are set to be chasing 400+ batting last on a pitch where a couple of hours ago they were 49-9 and no-one has ever been properly "in"...!!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Can’t believe that batting again is the right decision when you lead by 240 and have only bowled 36(?) overs. Brings the weather into play for one thing and is not exactly an aggressive position to be taking when you’ve just bossed the first 4 sessions....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
27-2

These commentators are going to be seriously irritating as they insist on claiming Leicestershire are still in the game - and have been somehow gifted that by Sussex - when they are set to be chasing 400+ batting last on a pitch where a couple of hours ago they were 49-9 and no-one has ever been properly "in"...!!

Would be interested to know the last time anyone won at Hove chasing a total of even 300?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can’t believe that batting again is the right decision when you lead by 240 and have only bowled 36(?) overs. Brings the weather into play for one thing and is not exactly an aggressive position to be taking when you’ve just bossed the first 4 sessions....
There is no weather to consider. No rain and LOADS of time in the match.

You don't get points for being aggressive. Batting again is the percentage call and removes from the equation Leicestershire's best hope.

"Do what the opposition want least" is a good maxim. I reckon Leicestershire would definitely have preferred the theoretical chance of getting through to stumps at 140-1 today rather than what they have now got which is the certainty of facing an almost impossible target batting last.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I can see the floodlights from my flat.
Does this mean they won't go off for bad light?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If your flat is in Pevensey i doubt it.
LOL. They can go off for bad light with the floodlights on.

I don't really understand why but they can and will.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Squeaky bum time for Somerset. Now 64/8 chasing 78.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
There is no weather to consider. No rain and LOADS of time in the match.

You don't get points for being aggressive. Batting again is the percentage call and removes from the equation Leicestershire's best hope.

"Do what the opposition want least" is a good maxim. I reckon Leicestershire would definitely have preferred the theoretical chance of getting through to stumps at 140-1 today rather than what they have now got which is the certainty of facing an almost impossible target batting last.

No weather concerns? Kent have only played for 77 overs so far and have been off for bad light (note: not rain) since about an hour after tea yesterday, other than a couple of overs at 12.15 today....I hope you’re right, but personally I think the percentage call was to make them follow-on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wright fails again: why was he picked? He looks like he's lost interest in FC cricket

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
4 down.

Luke Wright out to one that popped off a length.

But don't worry Leicestershire fans. Sussex are letting you into the game and chasing these runs is definitely on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here