Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] My Flymo RIP

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
After 30 years faithful service my Flymo died at lunchtime, having cut the front lawn, the back garden was too much and despite my efforts I couldn't coax him back to life.

So is the 30 years service a record, or are you still using a mower that has and continues to provide grass cutting service for a longer period

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
After 30 years faithful service my Flymo died at lunchtime, having cut the front lawn, the back garden was too much and despite my efforts I couldn't coax him back to life.

So is the 30 years service a record, or are you still using a mower that has and continues to provide grass cutting service for a longer period

I think we should applaud in the 30th minute tomorrow to pay our respects

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
RIP lawnmower, hello reaper...

images.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Was it one of those ones that you had to swing around sing centrifugal force like an excited toddler?

Clear plastic bubble on top?

Classic mower that.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
My neighbour Bill asked if he could use my lawnmower. I told him of course he could, so long as he didn't take it out of my garden.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Using an Argos petrol, moulded plastic special, up the plot for 11 years now.
It's mown grass, metal, flint and dead pigeon, and still going strong, sounds like an old Trabant :thumbsup:

Coup de grass? Not any more, sadly :down:

Corrected for you :cool:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Was it electric of petrol powered?

I have a Qualcast rotary that's been busy for 20 years - had to replace the motor brushes - £5 - when the motor died a few years back - CPR of the green-fingered variety ...

The petrol motors go on for ever if you keep them serviced.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Condolences from all supporters of Brighton and Hover Albion.

(I hope you get hover it soon.)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here