Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#together moments

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My favourite #together moment was the round of applause given to the team as they glumly trooped off following the defeat to Boro and the unbeaten run had come to an end.

It was a fantastic acknowledgement of a great run, and we let the team know that even in defeat they were still appreciated.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the calm before the fight starts again on Monday, I thought it might be nice to review the moments that, whatever happens from here on in, have made this a memorable season.
The fight starts again on Saturday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

This is one of THE photos of the season. Everything about it makes it perfect: Hemed's pose, the other players holding him up, the reaction of the crowd: even the glorious bright colours of the shirts. It's just perfect.

The other photo I love is one of Zamora celebrating a goal at the Amex. It's taken from a low angle, so you're looking up at the dark blue sky, a huddle of celebrating players, and Bobby, rising above them all majestically. Can't be arsed to look for it, but you know the one I mean :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
My favourite #together moment was the round of applause given to the team as they glumly trooped off following the defeat to Boro and the unbeaten run had come to an end.

It was a fantastic acknowledgement of a great run, and we let the team know that even in defeat they were still appreciated.

That was very #together indeed. I felt uncommonly proud that day, despite the result.

I didn't go to the game, but I imagine the game at Ewood Park was one of those moments too. A typically scrappy game, but the players dug it out and got back to winning ways after the Christmas doldrums. I listened on the radio, but I wanted to hug all the players after that. Back on track!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Off the pitch for a second I'd like to add Skalaks social media presence, and how he has immediately become a fan of the club. None of it feels forced, and he genuinely seems excited to be a part of something.

His facebook page is just a joy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Off the pitch for a second I'd like to add Skalaks social media presence, and how he has immediately become a fan of the club. None of it feels forced, and he genuinely seems excited to be a part of something.

I wanted to cry on his behalf when he said how sad he was after the Cardiff defeat :lol:

He's also given us For The Winning!, which is easily up there with #together as my favourite Albion related soundbite of the season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Might just be me but I find this thread a bit embarassing. Together moments? #wtf. Must be a result of how well we are doing, normal cynicism and backbiting has been suspended in favour of a mutual love in. Yuck. Messy. Come back NSC, all is forgiven! 😍

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
En route back from Birmingham, [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] and I were discussing the subject of the current players, and specifically the fact that they almost all seem very likeable. Perhaps because, with the exception of Wilson and Sidwell, they're all our players, and committed to the club, as opposed to the sea of indifferent loan signings we've previously seemed to engage en masse.

I struggled to think of anybody in the current squad that I'd have down as a whinger, or a shit-stirrer, or somebody with ideas massively above his station. Instead, we seem to have a bunch of modest, intelligent sorts like Stockdale, Goldson, Baldock and Rosenior (and plenty more). It's...nice...isn't it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great shout

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Also off the pitch is the feeling that so many of this squad are just decent human beings. Things like Stockdale's personal efforts over the Shoreham tragedy, the open letter that Rosenior sent upon leaving Hull and the reaction from the Hull fans that confirmed that we had got a good-un before he even arrived, Zamora's involvement in the urban regeneration charity, Goldson's attitude over biding his time and his performances since he got his chance, Bruno seeming to dedicate time to every community event that the club arranges and always accompanied by this bloke:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...-league-unsung-hero-of-the-month-2799686.aspx

The professionalism, dedication and basic decency that Chris Hughton shows seems to be mirrored by so many of the players in this squad. It makes it a pleasure to support them, winning or losing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
En route back from Birmingham, @Hotchilidog and I were discussing the subject of the current players, and specifically the fact that they almost all seem very likeable. Perhaps because, with the exception of Wilson and Sidwell, they're all our players, and committed to the club
It certainly helps that the team have more invested in the outcome, but I think there's a lot more to it than that. Many of the players we've bought are good team players, not needing to steal the limelight. It's obvious when you listen to player interviews.

Last edited:

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016
Stockdale's late save onto the bar vs Hull away sticks in the mind! It was critical not to lose that match.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It certainly helps that the team have more invested in the outcome, but I think there's a lot more to it than that. Many of the players we've bought are good team players, not needing to steal the limelight. It's obvious when you listen to play interviews.

Quite. Perhaps a reflection of the manager? Loved it when Goldson tweeted a Shrewsbury fan who'd accused him of wasting his career in the Albion's reserves instead of playing every week in whatever league Shrewsbury are in. He replied with words to the effect that he was training every day with players at a promotion-chasing Championship side, learning more every second, and couldn't wait for his opportunity. Fantastic attitude.

The original post wasn't intended to suggest that Wilson & Sidwell aren't team players, by the way. Neither of them are the prima donna sorts. I was thinking of all the dross loan players we've had in other seasons. Yes, you, Leon Best.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite. Perhaps a reflection of the manager?
Almost certainly I'd think. We all know he's a good guy, it's said about him everywhere he goes. I imagine that can rub off a little, but I think it's mostly down to the type of player he wants to bring to the club. And the ones who were here before Chris arrived were pretty good guys too. I'd think some credit also goes to Mr Bloom, who is a classy man too.

The original post wasn't intended to suggest that Wilson & Sidwell aren't team players, by the way. Neither of them are the prima donna sorts. I was thinking of all the dross loan players we've had in other seasons. Yes, you, Leon Best.
Yeah loans can be fine if they're the right sort of person.

When together really took off was after the shoreham disaster. The way the club, players and supporters acted was quite incredible and made me proud to be a Brighton fan.

This for me.

Up until this point I had dismissed "Together" as yet another soundbite/marketing gimmick, I am cynical I'm afraid as I have to talk to Marketing people all day long and am well aware of the amount of balls they come up with.

But in the aftermath of the Disaster at Shoreham, the way the club, the players (especially Stockdale) and the fans all came "Together" to help in whatever way they could really did leave a lasting impression.

Together Indeed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here