Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] RIP Jim Bowen

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey I was only watching him on the BA Comic Relief safety announcement just the other day. I wonder if they'll amend that now.. He did the "make sure your tray is folded and put away" bit

RIP

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hope he has a super, smashing grave.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The contestants have just lost and he rubs their noses it it and flashes a new car or speed boat at them and says here's what you could have won!! Probably made them sit in it also before giving them a dustbin! Great entertainment! First Ken Dodd, now Jim Bowen, the tv icons of my younger days are disappearing fast! RIP

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sadly all working men's club comics were racist.
Probably true.
Only way to get a laugh in those days.
No, a comedian being funny would get laughs, racism was just always cheap. Racists are still able to laugh at proper comedy.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
RIP Jim. Loved Bullseye as a kid on a Sunday afternoon.

He looked like he was on his last legs back when Bullseye started in 1981

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Saw him live at the Edinburgh Fringe about 10 years ago as he did a live show that incorporated a bit of live Bullseye. Was very funny bringing back some great childhood memories watching the show.

Bullseye must be the only Sunday tea time quiz with a serial killer named after it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I had the misfortune to work with him once. He made racist jokes about my secretary, it was like my own personal trip back to the 1950s. I'm not shedding a tear

And you felt the need to share that on this thread......serious lack of respect

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And you felt the need to share that on this thread......serious lack of respect

I think de mortuis nihil nisi bonum is an inappropriate adage. He showed a serious lack of respect when mocking someone for the colour of her skin, completely inappropriate behaviour

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Didn't they try a remake of it a couple of years back with bloke from Phoenix Nights hosting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here