Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP are now a parliamentary party

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Sigh .... same old statements from clearly as supporter of the same old tired 3 parties. The pro-Euro people argued that being part of the Euro was essential to our prosperity and jobs market just as you just have about our membership of the EU. I suggest those people go and ask the people of Greece, Italy, Spain and Ireland what the Euro did to their job markets.

The EU hasn't guaranteed peace - on many occasions it's had a total inability to find consensus amongst it's members so has done bugger all. Nato has been far more the peace keeper than the EU ever has.

As for your arrogance that UKIP voters must be silly and 'don't understand'. It's exactly that pathetic "I'm more intelligent than you" attitude that drives many people to not only vote UKIP but then to consider keeping their vote there. The more name calling there is then there more UKIP voters there will be. Watch Question Time from a year ago, the panelists were ripping into UKIP voters and suggesting they were unimportant and that they were a VERY small minority. Roll on a year and look at their attitude now - far more "well we need to take on board what UKIP voters are saying". The main parties are running scared because for far too long they've ignored the concerns of a sizable minority of voters. Well they could have dealt with the problems a long time ago and we wouldn't be having this conversation as UKIP would be an irrelevance. As it is people like me are chomping at the bit to give the arrogant three parties a right royal kicking ... oh ... and to finally get ALL the main parties to promise a referendum and put it in law.

Bravo 'Westdene Seagull' excellent retort and agree 100% with you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well there's something we agree on .... there is no debate because you're arrogant and so far up your own arse you don't consider other people may just have different points of view from your own. I guess that comes from swanning around as a poncy actor rather than putting in a proper days work ( see we can all generalise if we really want ).
Excellent comeback . I maintain that UKIP supporters are numbskulls and I have seen nothing on this thread to persuade me to the contrary. Good day.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Every single party does it. Anyway, there were some reasonable policies on that list but of course because they were proposed by UKIP the 'intelligent' class dismiss them. I note you've yet to answer the question as to why I'm a bigot for wanting out of the EU but I guess you're just following in the footsteps of the main three parties and never actually answering a question.

Didn't accuse you of being bigot for wanting out of the EU so no need to engage in this. The fact you think some of them are reasonable policies says it all to be honest. You can't have a debate about the party ehpos and policies.....none of it exisits beyond a couple of policies on pulling out of the EU and sending immigrants 'back home'.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
while Clacton obviously saw a tory loss, if you look at the numbers they still kept 40% of their vote. so where did all 21k votes for Carswell come from? Labour lost 6k there and almost lost Heywood, so they must be very worried this morning.

Labour barely contested Clacton, they were never going to win it. They maintained their share of the vote in Heywood where the big story was CON+LD going from 50% to 17%. You could equally argue that the Tories didn't put much effort in in Heywood.

Heywood essentially was a case of vote Tory get Labour.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What do the 'anti-UKIP, pro-immigration' brigade put the huge increase in population in the south east down to, Brighton and Hove in particular? A natural increase in the birth-rate?

We couldn't get our daughter into any of the 3 schools we requested, and ended up with the one we really didn't want. The reason - the growth in population.
If you want to see your doctor for a non-emergency appointment, you have to wait for 2 weeks. The reason - the growth in population.
There is going to be a monstrosity of a building site on our seafront soon - PORTZED. The reason - the huge demand for property fuelled by the growth in population caused by immigration.

The PC brigade need to take a look at their high principles and ask themselves what happens in reality.

Brighton and Hove's main population pressure is migration from other parts of the UK. What would you propose we do about that? Build a wall?

It has been proven that immigration has a net financial benefit. Why don't we use that extra tax revenue to build hospitals and schools? Would that be a little too sensible?

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What's UKIP's few on the European team in the Ryder cup ?
I don't want them breaking the good run we have had up.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Brighton and Hove's main population pressure is migration from other parts of the UK. What would you propose we do about that? Build a wall?

It has been proven that immigration has a net financial benefit. Why don't we use that extra tax revenue to build hospitals and schools? Would that be a little too sensible?

ever wondered why a significant number of people move from london to brighton? its not for the vibe, 'diversity' or the yoghurt weaving. thats a draw but the push element is as strong as the pull, even if many will not articulate that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a pretty localised issue for a party that is supposed to be appealing to the common man, nationwide, don't you think?

Agreed but I was just pointing out that to damn all the policies as nut case ones was being more than a little unfair. I don't have the time to go through each policy for it's pros and cons on here and do some work and belittle Nibble so had to drop the policy review.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
1. There would not have been a NATO without the EU. The US insisted on some kind of European unity after the war

2. The EU is not the only issue. What does UKIP say about other things?. Did you read their manifesto in 2010? I did and it was absolutely laughable - flat taxes, NHS privatisation, huge increases in police and armed forces etc

3. Ask yourself what would have happened to Spain Greece and Ireland if they had not been part of the EU. Do any of their populations want to leave the EU? Not on your life they don't because they know how "cold" life would be on the outside.

With regards to Point 3, that's because they receive more money than they put in. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. For the UK its the opposite. Hardly surprising people here quite rightly ask what benefit is there for us? None of the arguments on this thread are convincing.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/22/eu-budget-spending-contributions-european-union

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What do the 'anti-UKIP, pro-immigration' brigade put the huge increase in population in the south east down to, Brighton and Hove in particular? A natural increase in the birth-rate?

We couldn't get our daughter into any of the 3 schools we requested, and ended up with the one we really didn't want. The reason - the growth in population.
If you want to see your doctor for a non-emergency appointment, you have to wait for 2 weeks. The reason - the growth in population.
There is going to be a monstrosity of a building site on our seafront soon - PORTZED. The reason - the huge demand for property fuelled by the growth in population caused by immigration.

The PC brigade need to take a look at their high principles and ask themselves what happens in reality.

Try doing some research (yours is a classic UKIP type conclusion - blame immigration)….most of the population increase in Brighton and Hove since the census in 2001 is actually from within the South East region itself. Immigration isn't fuelling the population increase in the area. For a cosmopolitan city within the UK, our non-white British is only 5.7% of the population which is low.

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/sites/brighton-hove.gov.uk/files/downloads/economicdevelopment/Demography_and_Geog_Context.pdf

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They're all liars. Clegg, Cameron, Milliband, Farage.

Got it in one. The electorate will decide if Dodgy Dave or Milibland run the country and if there is no overall majority Nasty Nick or Nige as deputy PM.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As it is people like me are chomping at the bit to give the arrogant three parties a right royal kicking ... oh ... and to finally get ALL the main parties to promise a referendum and put it in law.

IF, your UKIP vote does crush the Tory vote, and neither the Lib Dems or Labour have promised a referendum, then UKIP will have succeeded in keeping the UK in the EU for the foreseeable future. What a right kicking that will be! They'll have a few MP's, but will have put any exit from the EU back a decade. Genius.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So what is going to happen after 2015 when we have a Tory / UKIP coalition and the British people vote 'YES' in the Referendum to stay in Europe?

It seems to me that what the British people really resent is having a coalition "forced" upon them. The Lib Dems getting 1% of the vote in a bye-election in the South Of England when they are coalition partner in a government that has been economically successfully is simply staggering - less than 500 votes in a constituency with an electorate of 60,000+. But at least this is a coalition that has seen out its 5 year term. If you want a truly dysfunctional coalition then UKIP with either Labour / Tory AND a Referendum vote to stay in Europe is a recipe for real unmitigated disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here