Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All this talk about Leo . . . What about Glenn?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
He is slow and lazy. Can't win the ball in the air, can't win the ball on the ground. He can't turn, he can't outplay defenders.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is that, given enough space, he can bundle a ball over the line. I can only assume that he holds a presence in the dressing room that boosts the rest of the team and means CH keeps playing him.

My grandmother would be a good replacement and she's been dead for 10 years!

Idiot!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He is slow and lazy. Can't win the ball in the air, can't win the ball on the ground. He can't turn, he can't outplay defenders.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is that, given enough space, he can bundle a ball over the line. I can only assume that he holds a presence in the dressing room that boosts the rest of the team and means CH keeps playing him.

My grandmother would be a good replacement and she's been dead for 10 years!

Did your guide dog kill her, as clearly you have one!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Absolute nonsense.

Murrays game has never been about pace, but that doesn't make him "slow and lazy". He has a good touch, can hold the ball up, uses the ball intelligently and has an innate strikers instinct in the box to be in the right place at the right time. He may not score worldies, but he has always had that composure and guile in front of goal - its why he has been a Premier League striker for most of the last 6-7 years. I've always considered him to be a poor mans Teddy Sheringham, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way.

Ulloa will give us more strength and power going forward, and at 31 he has a lot less miles on the clock. But Murray still has PLENTY to offer this team, and will still (I hope) play a big part in keeping us up this year.
Can't argue with any of this [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I'm sure Hughton sees the signing of Ulloa as an opportunity to rest Murray so that we can make the most of what he still has left in the tank.

It's a big ask for a 34 year-old to play lone striker for a whole season, and it makes sense for Glenn's main role from here on in to be 25 min supersub. It also takes the pressure off him at a time when he has one or two other things to be thinking about.

1.1 million things i think

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's feeling up to the task.....

[TWEET]958345682661904384[/TWEET]

robocop_14.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree with you I was thinking of whole season,There is no reason at moment why we cant play him but innocient or guilty it must be playing on poor fellows mind,I know it would mine
He's not up for assault or anything, I doubt it'll be more than a fine if guilty, and it would be a good while until it goes to court, so nothing for now.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We are the 2nd lowest scorers in the league.

Glenn hopefully will become squad player , not first choice

That’s harsh if you are suggesting Glenn is the reason we’re 2nd lowest scorers in the league. Goals are created by the TEAM and a striker is only as good as the service he gets. The service from our wingers in particular has been poor for the majority of the season. Knocky’s first instinct is to take someone on and run with the ball when whipping in an early cross can often cause far more damage. Glenn makes good runs off the shoulder of defenders but the reason he gets caught offside a lot is because we don’t release the pass early enough.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Glenn has been caught offside all season, I love the man but he looks like this is the final run in for him. He still has plenty to offer us this season and he got us over the line to promotion. I'm certain we won't struggle to find a taker for him next season, but if we want to keep moving forward, it's thanks and good night to Mr Murray.

Ulloa is a definite improvement. Ulloa - Murray - Hemed, in that order.

Glenn gets caught offside because our wingers and midfielders need too many touches and don’t release an early pass or cross. I sit in West Upper and get a great view of Glenn’s movement running off the shoulder of defenders and I get bloody frustrated for him when he makes the runs and the ball isn’t delivered for him - which then results in him being offside when it’s finally played forward.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'All this talk about Leo'.... That's the opening line of a Verve song, isn't it ?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The new players have come to be part of the squad, they will be rotated and picked according to the attributes of the opposition I would have thought.
Working together as a team will get results................................fingers crossed.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
He is slow and lazy. Can't win the ball in the air, can't win the ball on the ground. He can't turn, he can't outplay defenders and he's always offside.

Glen is a proven goal scorer, but he needs to be more of a team player. Just a side, every time I've been waiting for the players to leave post match (taken kids) he is always first, up to 30 minutes ahead of the others.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Glen is a proven goal scorer, but he needs to be more of a team player. Just a side, every time I've been waiting for the players to leave post match (taken kids) he is always first, up to 30 minutes ahead of the others.

In terms of the hate I'm getting for the comments made I will answer...

I'm not sure about the above. I think he has added a level of "leadership" or "maturity" to the team that is always required [likewise SS] and it think that this used to show on the pitch.
However, there have been countless times this season when SM, AK, PG, etc have run up the wing (together or with others) and brought the ball to the corner, beat their man and been ready to put a cross into the box where our striker should be or be about to be, only for there to be no one to play the finishing touch to what would be a great goal. GM is, at best 2 yards off the pace, at worse 10 yards off. There is only so long that they can hold possession when pinned into the corner. GM should at least be keeping up with the wingers... he doesn't have deal with defenders, he doesn't have the ball, he could run flat out to be in position but doesn't (or can't?).

This is why I will not be sorry to have someone else running up the centre in the future. I don't disagree with the tactics we are playing to but we HAVE to have a striker who can and will put themselves in a position to receive the cross and at least have a shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here