Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Some quality free-kicks in that game :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Old Skool

[tweet]956225108934144000[/tweet]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Curling free kicks and running into gaps wide:

[video]http://canalplus.es/play/video.html?xref=20141012plucan ftb_5.Ves[/video]

This takes me to this page

tv.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reckon what he offered us then might not actually be far away from something we could do with in the PL right now, but back in the Championship he never got the space or time to do stuff so just ended up aimlessly wandering around.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Reckon what he offered us then might not actually be far away from something we could do with in the PL right now, but back in the Championship he never got the space or time to do stuff so just ended up aimlessly wandering around.
What a load of tosh! Distinctly average player that scored ‘that’ free kick!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Average is being kind! What clubs has he set alight with his talents since leaving us? Had a handful of good games and is hero worshipped for scoring a great free kick against Palace!
Even years after wards, countless of examples that prove you wrong and you’re still spouting this tripe :facepalm:

Oct 25, 2003
I was a huge Spanish Dave fan but then I'm a sucker for a foreigner

a good technical midfielder and a clever user of the ball- however he did lack the pace and physicality that is needed in the Championship sometimes. Always thought Orlandi was the more talented of the two

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was a huge Spanish Dave fan but then I'm a sucker for a foreigner

a good technical midfielder and a clever user of the ball- however he did lack the pace and physicality that is needed in the Championship sometimes. Always thought Orlandi was the more talented of the two

No you are wrong...according to tottonthingy above, he was shit. Keep up mate.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Spainsh Dave was a class act, who could pick the kind of passes that Dale Stephen's can only dream of. He's a very good all round player, but compared to the vision of 'Dave, he's akin to a blind hamster 'ever trying to find it's wheel.

I realise this thread has nothing to do with Dale, but I looked at that goal and I'm struggling to see Dale having the vision to make that run, nor the composure and ability to lift the ball over the GK with such petulant ease.

Impressive, most impressive.

Meep indeed.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Average is being kind! What clubs has he set alight with his talents since leaving us? Had a handful of good games and is hero worshipped for scoring a great free kick against Palace!

Too ****ing right too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When i think of Dave i see Kevin Bacon in shorts , every now and then he did something brilliant intermingled with averageness , look at this snap , we have been so lucky to have had so much El Flairingo on the Amex pitch add to this a touch of Vicente and over the years it helps ease my mind when i think how much i'm paying for a pie . ILD

David+Lopez+Andrea+Orlandi+Brighton+Hove+Albion+MbBmFY4liWGl.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who can forget the night he was trending on Twitter, after scoring a penalty at Blackburn in the 94th minute? Cool as a cucumber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here