Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train to Middlesbrough

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Just been looking at fares and the best I can find from Brighton is over £75 and that’s with a railcard. Anyone found a better one?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just been looking at fares and the best I can find from Brighton is over £75 and that’s with a railcard. Anyone found a better one?

Nothing I can see. Tried splitting the fares in all the usual places not much saving there. You can probably get it down to £70 if you buy Brighton to London; London to York/Darlo; York/Darlo to Middlesbrough. Not sure it is worth it for £5 saving though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Megabus.com coach from Victoria to Middlesbrough is coming up at less than £10 return if you can stomach that. Still need trains to/from London but if cost is main issue think this is best option!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
2 Together railcard would more than recoup the £30 cost (and can use again for other aways as long as travelling with same person).

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Said on another thread, if the match is a Sunday lunchtime kick off, the train is practically useless. Leaving Brighton at 06:00 only gets you to Boro at 12:01. Six hours and four changes plus the deep joy of starting and finishing the day with a bus between Brighton and Three Bridges.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Megabus.com coach from Victoria to Middlesbrough is coming up at less than £10 return if you can stomach that. Still need trains to/from London but if cost is main issue think this is best option!

I'm thinking about this. Doesn't leave much room for error (1.40 arrival) but with the Megabus it could always get there earlier. There's a return at 1am so could just get pissed in boro until then. Total cost probably about £100 all in.

Or will the club lay on free transport or match tickets

Or should I get a life

Or just find less crushing ways to torture myself

el punal

Just checked Grand Central Railway site for Sat.27th January. From Kings Cross to Eaglescliffe you can get a single fare each way for £33.50 (total of £67.00) without a railcard. Obviously add on the trimmings for getting to Kings Cross and from Eaglescliffe to Middlesbrough.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm thinking about this. Doesn't leave much room for error (1.40 arrival) but with the Megabus it could always get there earlier. There's a return at 1am so could just get pissed in boro until then. Total cost probably about £100 all in.

Or will the club lay on free transport or match tickets

Or should I get a life

Or just find less crushing ways to torture myself
Surely Seagulls Travel a better option than this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You used to be able to fly to Teeside for not a lot, from Gatwick, I remember doing day trips to Stockton on Tees for business, Lovely place !

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
More expensive, no break that the train would provide between Bohemia and London. No option to have a few beers after. I dunno.
But you said £100 and ST is £40. How many beers you planning? Those on-coach loos less than ideal...
If you are dead set on going, try Away Travel for space in a car would be my advice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
2 Together railcard would more than recoup the £30 cost (and can use again for other aways as long as travelling with same person).

Use this all the time and as you say one long trip and you have already got a return on the outlay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here