Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing FC V Faversham Town Play off final Today

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Should have gone to specsavers! Clearly struck/slapped his face - obvious red. Ruined the game but thems the rules

I think you're alone now...

Some very contentious refereeing decisions this afternoon..a lot went Worthing's way.

Red Card - Yellow card at best for Faversham Striker. The Worthing player clutched his face and made a meal of it.

Dodgy first goal? Offside third goal? Soft sending off. The fortunes favoured Worthing today. .

He didn't touch his face. I was close and looking right at it. I'd barely started drinking.

I think you're alone now...

He didn't touch his face. I was close and looking right at it. I'd barely started drinking.

Well. Were you closer than the ref?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My favourite bit was watching the guy on crutches heading the first wave of pitch invasion - why is that always comical :lolol:

Which reminds me of my highlight. The guy who led the pitch invasion, turned round to see he was alone, carried on and then fired a confetti cannon in the middle of the pitch. Spectacular.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well. Were you closer than the ref?

Of course I wasn't, and being a young spritely thing he'd kept up with play and had what should have been an excellent view.

But I, as well as [MENTION=592]Albion Robster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION], all thought the red was very harsh. You're losing 3-1 currently.

Of course I wasn't, and being a young spritely thing he'd kept up with play and had what should have been an excellent view.

But I, as well as [MENTION=592]Albion Robster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION], all thought the red was very harsh. You're losing 3-1 currently.

Nah I'm claiming the ref 3-2 and he was right next to the incident because it happened a decent time after the initial foul.

Striking face even in a namby pampy way always is a certain red these days, knew he was gone as soon as it happened. A shame because there probably should be common sense built into the guidelines but there isn't

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My 'hometown' seemed bereft of chavs today. Now I know why . . . . . :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My favourite bit was watching the guy on crutches heading the first wave of pitch invasion - why is that always comical :lolol:

Not sure what to make of Worthing, they didnt seem better than the Burgess Hill team of last season that struggled this.

Artificial pitch a bit weird, the little bits of dust/fake grass that shower up when the ball bounces

Little rubber marbles , help the payers to slide without the skin burns of old plastic pitches. Seems to work very well. Time to allow it across the leagues.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I did predict more Faversham fans too but they weren't really ever expecting to make the play offs. Chatted to a couple of their fans who knew the guy who was sent off and spoke to him at half time. He was apparently distraught by the refs discussion and him hitting out was totally out of character. Overall a great afternoon for Worthing FC and hope they made lots of money from bar sales as it was constantly busy. Only complaint was not being able to use Albion season tickets to get in on the cheap but that was a Ryman decision as they were pocketing half the gate receipts! Apparently!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Only about 15 from Faversham at the game. Felt a bit sorry for them as I suspect they'd never seen a crowd of this size before!

Many non league teams would be happy with a gate of around 1900. Normal gates are around 500 though which is still pretty good and may be higher in next league up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm not going to any more non-league games - I was accosted in the toilet by a scary man with wild staring eyes and a profuse and somewhat violent ginger beard (non-league Hipster???) - if that's what happens at these non-league grounds you can keep it thank you very much!! Why, I feared for my innocence!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not going to any more non-league games - I was accosted in the toilet by a scary man with wild staring eyes and a profuse and somewhat violent ginger beard (non-league Hipster???) - if that's what happens at these non-league grounds you can keep it thank you very much!! Why, I feared for my innocence!!

That explains why you legged it so quickly. I couldn't find you anywhere afterwards.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Little rubber marbles , help the payers to slide without the skin burns of old plastic pitches. Seems to work very well. Time to allow it across the leagues.

Having played on a 3G for four years I can tell you it has ruined my knees as the scars never hear and there is no give in the ground either.

Also you can get the 3G bits in your eyes which is awful.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

If that was in the coned off toilet that many of us were using then I can truelly understand your reluctance to attend another game! So much piss on the floor it went right through to my socks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here