Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The idea of "kicking out" people is surely only valid in any case if they originate from somewhere other than the UK.

Where do you deport somebody to who was born and bred in this country? And even if you could do that: why would another country accept them?

I wasn't suggesting this by the way, I was just responding to the previous poster. Completely agree that that kind of policy has no logical possibility or desirability.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Vauxhall station reopened. Sounds like it could have been a false alarm there.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't call it conspiracy, I call it cynicism, what the hell is happening that we get this close to an election and two major incidents in a week after only two major incidents (I mean multiple potential human life death and injury) in 10 years.

Before you dig any deeper can you confirm you are suggesting the government/authorities are in some way complicit in allowing these barbaric attacks to take place?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Before you dig any deeper can you confirm you are suggesting the government/authorities are in some way complicit in allowing these barbaric attacks to take place?

I haven't suggested anything and I am digging nothing, I have sciatica.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The usual hand-wringing and out-pouring of emotion. Then the usual culprits saying that it's all our fault and we shoudn't do anything to offend them.

F*ck that. Enough is enough. If they don't want to accept that this is fundamentally a Christian country (btw, I'm athiest) then they shouldn't be here. They can leave and go to Saudi, Pakistan, Iran or wherever they want to. Christ, we'll even pay their fares for them.
And then (if this is an Islamic terrorist attack) say how diversity is our strength and worry that Muslims might be verbally abused.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2hrs on and I'm surprised at the lack of detail, there must have been loads of eyewitnesses.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Please tell me why.

Can you really not think of reasons why?

-because there's an election coming up and the people responsible for such attacks want to send a message at a sensitive time

-because it's only in recent years that the concept of vehicle-borne attacks has come to the fore, which basically allows any wannabe jihadi with an ideology and enough hatred to wreak havoc in a manner they would never have been able to do had they focused only on the previous terrorist modus operandi of bombs and guns

-because they were inspired by the Westminster or Manchester attacks

-because it might be a significant date to them

-because they've been intending to do it for ages but have previously been stopped by security forces/ police and had to lie low

-because they were off in Syria (or wherever) and have only just got back

These are just off the top of my head...the idea of a conspiracy, false-flag scenario, would be right at the bottom of my list.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I don't call it conspiracy, I call it cynicism, what the hell is happening that we get this close to an election and two major incidents in a week after only two major incidents (I mean multiple potential human life death and injury) in 10 years.

Thought you had misworded first time round. This post just confirms you are actually suggesting our prime minister is in the loop in the killings of our innocent civilians. Read what your saying! Clown

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
2hrs on and I'm surprised at the lack of detail, there must have been loads of eyewitnesses.

Ben said: "I saw a man in red with quite a large blade, I don't know the measurement I guess maybe 10 inches. He was stabbing a man...he stabbed him about three times fairly calmly.

"It looked the man had maybe been trying to intervene but there wasn't much that he could do he was being stabbed quite coldly and he slumped to the ground.

The attacker and another man walked off quite "boldly".

"A table was thrown, a bottle was thrown at the individual with the knife and then we heard three gunshots and we ran," he added.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As I said, it's not like they haven't been trying, plenty of plots have been foiled. As someone posted earlier, perhaps desperation, easy to drive a car/van/lorry into pedestrians. You don't need any planning for that, just a sick and twisted mind/ideology

I don't disagree, but I will re-iterate, after only two major attacks in 10 years and then we get two in a week?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But these attacks could have happened any time, IF it is the same people, and this has not yet been confirmed, they could care less about our political set up, they just want to cause maximum harm.

The attacks with the vehicles, and knives, were shown by the lunatic in Westminster to be particularly effective against our society.
These latest lunatics have noted this, and proceeded accordingly, there are no bombs to build, no instruction over the internet that can be traced, almost no planning that would be vulnerable to our security services. They have found a very easy way to cause maximum casualties for not much danger of exposure by themselves prior to the atrocities.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't disagree, but I will re-iterate, after only two major attacks in 10 years and then we get two in a week?

You don't think the Westminster attack was "major" then?

How many more do you think have been prevented by the police and security services? You'd have to be incredibly naive to think that, just because they aren't shouting from the rooftops about every foiled terrorist plan, that it's not happening.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Well that helped to sort out the Irish problem, though a lot of muslim hatred of the west is due to our invasions of their lands to secure oil.

Unbelievable.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Still failing to answer that as I don't understand the narrative. Why are you cynical and about what ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here