Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjørdal sings until June 2018

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Waits Big Gully to come on in full moan up mode, to tell us there are four better players of his age in Balcombe.

Not at all, however I will try not to moan as long as you dont wet yourself about our far reaching recruitment policy that will undoubtedly fail .....................

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He followed our official Twitter page this morning so I would imagine it is almost complete.

Let us hope and prey he does not sign up to NSC and reads all the negative responses so far....

Jebus, the club are doing exactly the thing we all wanted, bring in young exciting prospects for the future....

So what if they all do not work out, that is life and the odd one or two will possibly go on to become legends who eventually help pay for future stars through transfer fees....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let us hope and prey he does not sign up to NSC and reads all the negative responses so far....

Jebus, the club are doing exactly the thing we all wanted, bring in young exciting prospects for the future....

So what if they all do not work out, that is life and the odd one or two will possibly go on to become legends who eventually help pay for future stars through transfer fees....

I've heard Matt Derbyshire called a lot of things but young exciting prospects for the future doesn't fit the bill.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not at all, however I will try not to moan as long as you dont wet yourself about our far reaching recruitment policy that will undoubtedly fail .....................

Fail..........

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Why do people think we can bring the majority of youngsters through from youth to professional? Every youth player is potential, that is all. The United freakshow in the 90's with all the kids coming through was exactly that. a freak occurrence, but for every giggs there were probably 500+ that didn't make the final Under 21 team (they are united after all).

The transfer from youth to professional will then depend on the growth of his muscles, his brain, the shape of his body, and his maturity (willingness to learn). If a youngster can even make the 1st team squad it means he's probably the best of 100+ others who haven't made the grain. If you're negative about this possible signing you really don't understand youth football.

What was the point in signing Solly?

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why do people think we can bring the majority of youngsters through from youth to professional? Every youth player is potential, that is all. The United freakshow in the 90's with all the kids coming through was exactly that. a freak occurrence, but for every giggs there were probably 500+ that didn't make the final Under 21 team (they are united after all).

The transfer from youth to professional will then depend on the growth of his muscles, his brain, the shape of his body, and his maturity (willingness to learn). If a youngster can even make the 1st team squad it means he's probably the best of 100+ others who haven't made the grain. If you're negative about this possible signing you really don't understand youth football.

It is Monday morning for christ sake. all I have heard so far is the wife, child, parents at breakfast club, people at work so far is moan, moan, moan don't we all know we have a good thing...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I don't see anyone 'wetting themselves'. I just see people pleased to be reading good reports about the supposed big potential of a (likely) young signing.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I agree with most of that, although you have missed out a key part which is opportunity which is allied to circumstance.

I give you three of our recent development coaches, Luke Williams, Simon Rusk and Simon Ireland.

They all basically worked with the same set of players within a couple of seasons, each change of coach ( Williams sacked, Ireland appointed, Ireland moved on and Rusk promoted, Buckman appointed U18's coach which will again effect decisions upstream ) heralded nearly an immediate change within the pecking order of those players with eachstructural change, same players but sudden different status.

Ultimately the changes within the Academy coaching personnel either directly helped or hindered a young player, its an ever changing development environment irrespective of young players own performance, it makes the pathway to a career within the game even more difficult.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I agree with most of that, although you have missed out a key part which is opportunity which is allied to circumstance.

I give you three of our recent development coaches, Luke Williams, Simon Rusk and Simon Ireland.

They all basically worked with the same set of players within a couple of seasons, each change of coach ( Williams sacked, Ireland appointed, Ireland moved on and Rusk promoted, Buckman appointed U18's coach which will again effect decisions upstream ) heralded nearly an immediate change within the pecking order of those players with eachstructural change, same players but sudden different status.

Ultimately the changes within the Academy coaching personnel either directly helped or hindered a young player, its an ever changing development environment irrespective of young players own performance, it makes the pathway to a career within the game even more difficult.

I'd agree with that up to a point (as they could learn different things from different coaches through development). But if we get the coaching staff right enough there's no use being disappointed we're going after highly-rated youth, as one will come through from time to time.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't see anyone 'wetting themselves'. I just see people pleased to be reading good reports about the supposed big potential of a (likely) young signing.

If you cared to look it was a direct response to Exile expecting me to respond to it in a certain way, me wishing only Sussex based players etc, which to me is a fair aspiration and how perhaps further afield recruitment doesnt really work.

By the way you will need to look fairly hard to see any previous/historic posts where I am directly negative not only to an individual young player but to first-teamers too, but I do have a view on the processes of young recruitment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'd agree with that up to a point (as they could learn different things from different coaches through development). But if we get the coaching staff right enough there's no use being disappointed we're going after highly-rated youth, as one will come through from time to time.

The key is to recruit and retain the very best coaches then implement a shared policy of progression, irrespective of those coaches ability if they are changing then those youngsters chances will change too, most notably by the luck of whom might be the decision maker at any particular time when a young players contract expires.

If you are a young player on a longer contract experiencing three coaches then yes you might gleen some development from each one, but if as most you have a year or two contract it becomes more of a lottery than a development environment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The worrying thing is in my opinion is Hughton is very cagey/reluctant about playing young players unless he has too.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The worrying thing is in my opinion is Hughton is very cagey/reluctant about playing young players unless he has too.
[MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] will probably tell me off, but Chris Hughton does seem to be a naturally cautious chap.

Solly March was playing the football of his life under him though, so if a young player does well, he will play him - it will be getting that first opportunity that will be the challenge for the young players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The U21s are bottom of the league with just 6 points.

How many of them should Hughton be fast tracking into the first team ? ???

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
[MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] will probably tell me off, but Chris Hughton does seem to be a naturally cautious chap.

Solly March was playing the football of his life under him though, so if a young player does well, he will play him - it will be getting that first opportunity that will be the challenge for the young players.

It's understandable in some ways though. It's a very tough league and a young player would need to be very good to get a chance. Having said that, he's played March quite a lot.

If you want proof as to why Hughton does it, look at Walton (although I realise goalkeeper is a bit different to most positions). Many on here slated Stockdale last season and said Walton should be number one. This season, Stockdale has been one of our best players (and was one of our better players in the second half of last season) while Walton has struggled in a couple of loan spells.

During Hughton's time, we've also not had many meaningless games. We were in a relegation battle last season and are up the top this year. Neither are times to give young players a go.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
[Tweet]691606574079594497[/Tweet]

http://www.smp.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/article678467.snd

"Today took Henrik Bjørdal goodbye with AaFK players. Tomorrow the plan is to sign a 3.5-year contract with English Brighton.

Adam Örn Arnarson is ready for AaFK

As Sunnmørsposten notified yesterday's 18-year-old on his way to England. Now confirms Bjørdal yourself that everything seems to go in the box.

- I'm almost agree with those on the personal conditions and it seems as if the clubs agree. I travel all over today and going through a medical test tomorrow. So I focus on everything goes in box after that, says Bjørdal to smp.no.

Focusing on promotion
He was stopped by Color Line Stadium one last time Monday morning to say goodbye to AaFK players.

- It is of course very sad to leave Aalesund, but I should first leave the club would have to be to a club with a proper plan. When Brighton appeared I felt that I could not say no to this, says Bjørdal.

Norwegian 18-year-old headed to opprykksjagende Brighton

Brighton is a hard bet club that focuses on promotion to the Premier League. Currently located on the 3rd place in the Championship - five points behind direct promotion.

- Brighton is a club that really cries out to get to the Premier League. Everything around, as the new stadium and other facilities, has really Premiership standard already. For my part, this is very big. I have always followed English football and think both country and club would suit me very well, says Bjørdal.

Bjørdal stood over game - is on its way abroad

Moves Alone
He goes straight into the A squad to Brighton. Although he has received clear signal that he will be made, he is aware that it may take time to break to a permanent place on the team. Bjørdal has just started pre-season with AaFK, while Brighton is in the middle of season. Next match is against Brentford next Tuesday.

- If this goes to the bank, so it's so much new that I just have to be patient. It has proven itself, including with Fredrik Ulvestad, that it is not only easy to go straight into the team. So I am aware that I have to be patient, but at the same time I know that it's played so many matches and that I am still very young. So I can not stress. I must also use this mid-season who are now waiting to fit into the group, the environment and all that, says Bjørdal.

Henrik Bjørdal travel to England this afternoon. 18-year-old moves over alone to England.

- It gets a little weird, but it simply must go !, says Valder boy."

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here