Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Jesus....... even i am rooting for Corbyn now.
At least he is clear Brexit was a democratic decision and Brexit means Brexit and we are leaving..

The other bloke seems determined to overturn democracy and keep us in the EU.

Considering ive just read Corbyn wants referendums at local level to determine local spending I think i may have underestimated previously just how much Corbyn believes in a democratic process.

Confusing times ahead

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
At least he is clear Brexit was a democratic decision and Brexit means Brexit and we are leaving..

Considering ive just read Corbyn wants referendums at local level to determine local spending I think i may have underestimated previously just how much Corbyn believes in a democratic process.

Confusing times ahead

Corbyn believes in democracy?

I just wouldn't know where to start........

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sadiq Khan now telling members of the Labour Party to drop Corbyn!!!!!

Another ''snake in the grass'' who got elected hanging on to Corbyn's coat tails and then swiftly bit the hand which saved him from drowning. He is supporting a man for the labour leadership who cannot even fill a bus shelter at his rallies and is claiming he has the support of labour party members.

Corbyn has the support of the labour party members and when he wins again, these people should knuckle down and support the leader or leave the Party

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Another ''snake in the grass'' who got elected hanging on to Corbyn's coat tails and then swiftly bit the hand which saved him from drowning. He is supporting a man for the labour leadership who cannot even fill a bus shelter at his rallies and is claiming he has the support of labour party members.

Corbyn has the support of the labour party members and when he wins again, these people should knuckle down and support the leader or leave the Party

I'm not disagreeing with you but what is your view on JC voting against the party leadership in parliament over 500 times in his career ? Presumably he is also a 'snake in the grass' ? Or is that 'principled opposition ' ? In my view JC cannot be leader for many reasons but the main one is that if he calls for loyalty then he is a hypocrite.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Peace talks with Isis , should go done well with Labour party members

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...the-table-for-syria-peace-talks-a7195276.html

The reality is that peace talks almost always take place initially while the violence is ongoing and that the end of the violence is one of the required clauses in the agreement. Take the IRA, the ANC and the Tamil Tigers as proven examples. Governments may publicly state that they won't negotiate with terrorists but, in private, they do. That's how agreements are reached.
Whether that is in any way possible with ISIS is unlikely though.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Confusing times ahead

I know I'm being grammatically pedantic but when did referenda turn into referendums? Does nobody bother with Latin anymore?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The reality is that peace talks almost always take place initially while the violence is ongoing and that the end of the violence is one of the required clauses in the agreement. Take the IRA, the ANC and the Tamil Tigers as proven examples. Governments may publicly state that they won't negotiate with terrorists but, in private, they do. That's how agreements are reached.

an educated and well thought out post
should always be
jaw,jaw not war,war

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Let's hope Corbyn does win.... it will be the best thing for the country... no chance of a Labour win at next GE... resulting in no dramatic labour u-turns with the economy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
But of course the IRA didn't get a united Ireland, Tamils didn't get a new independent homeland.... it was overwhelming military strength that forced them to sign up to a lesser agreement....... yes the ANC came to power, but that was far more as a result of external trade and political pressure.... internally, the old regime had the ANC as a military entity, ..on toast...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
But of course the IRA didn't get a united Ireland, Tamils didn't get a new independent homeland.... it was overwhelming military strength that forced them to sign up to a lesser agreement....... yes the ANC came to power, but that was far more as a result of external trade and political pressure.... internally, the old regime had the ANC as a military entity, ..on toast...

And ISIS won't get a global islamic state.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm not disagreeing with you but what is your view on JC voting against the party leadership in parliament over 500 times in his career ? Presumably he is also a 'snake in the grass' ? Or is that 'principled opposition ' ? In my view JC cannot be leader for many reasons but the main one is that if he calls for loyalty then he is a hypocrite.

Those votes against were on political issues or bills which he fundamentally did not believe in. He was not personally trying to topple a Labour Leader.

He has stood and won as Labour Leader. - He has had to endure a vote of no confidence since then and he is addressing that under a due democratic process AGAIN. Surely if he wins this time, people need to look inwardly at themselves and say, ''maybe it is me that is not in tune with the Labour Party members and not Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn is changing UK Politics - People may not like it but for sure he is holding a mirror up to people and saying to them ''Have a look at what you believe in and comparing it with his own beliefs'' People might not go with him when it comes to an Election but at least he is trying something different and I for one like what he stands for and so do a good many other people in this country. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't enough to win a General Election but at least let the people as a whole decide. Not 50 or 60 people in the Labour Party

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Those votes against were on political issues or bills which he fundamentally did not believe in. He was not personally trying to topple a Labour Leader.

He has stood and won as Labour Leader. - He has had to endure a vote of no confidence since then and he is addressing that under a due democratic process AGAIN. Surely if he wins this time, people need to look inwardly at themselves and say, ''maybe it is me that is not in tune with the Labour Party members and not Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn is changing UK Politics - People may not like it but for sure he is holding a mirror up to people and saying to them ''Have a look at what you believe in and comparing it with his own beliefs'' People might not go with him when it comes to an Election but at least he is trying something different and I for one like what he stands for and so do a good many other people in this country. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't enough to win a General Election but at least let the people as a whole decide. Not 50 or 60 people in the Labour Party

I disagree. This not the people as a whole. This anybody who wanted to pay 3 quid to buy the leadership election of a political party with decades of tradition. This is Ed Miliband's legacy. Leaders were not chosen in this manner in the past. Now we have a situation where politically active students and others have hijacked the only working class political party while the grown ups are out working for a living. I'm not sure I can forgive JC and friends for what he has done to Labour. We will have to agree to disagree I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here