Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'm not a politician or a buisness man but I have total belief iin this country to make a go of it unlike your weak deafeatist attitude get over it you cant live in the past for ever
regards
DR

Ah yes. Magical thinking. Definitely the best way to manage a major global economy.. Appropriate from you I guess though

D

Deleted member 22389

This presenter has always been Pro EU. I think we need to take things as they are at the moment.
There is certainly a lot of scaremongering going on in the papers about companies leaving, but when you dig a bit deeper it is not actually the case.

Until I see companies physically shutting up shop, and redundancy announcements everyday I'm not going to worry just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This presenter has always been Pro EU. I think we need to take things as they are at the moment.
There is certainly a lot of scaremongering going on in the papers about companies leaving, because when you dig a bit deeper it is not actually the case.

Until I see companies physically shutting up shop, and redundancy announcements everyday I'm not going to worry just yet.

he's always stated he is on the fence..

i can see why you would like to see shops closing and house repossessions for proof... I for one would rather listen to what the experts are saying... Surely all of them are not lying? Unless it's a conspiracy.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Could you please ask your German friend what he thinks about the fact that the EU have NEVER passed a financial audit?

Are you sure that means what you think it means? Do you think that's evidence of wide-scale fraud or something? That 'fact' is bandied around a lot by those against the EU but rarely with any explanation of what it means or why it's important.

Jan 30, 2008
There is certainly a lot of scaremongering going on in the papers about companies leaving, but when you dig a bit deeper it is not actually the case.

I'm sure some pro EU cry baby is out on the street looking for this scenario right now :whistle:
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 22389

he's always stated he is on the fence..

i can see why you would like to see shops closing and house repossessions for proof... I for one would rather listen to what the experts are saying... Surely all of them are not lying? Unless it's a conspiracy.

I don't want to see anything closing. If anyone is going to bring this country down it is the people and media who are constantly being negative just because they don't like the fact we voted Leave.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Could you please ask your German friend (...)

Here's what he says:

the EU is not made up by Martians and thrust upon us poor unsuspecting Europeans but made by us that flawed way ourselves. "THE" EU can only work as well as the members allow it. And alot of it's flaws and failures is because every nation state member looks naturally for it's own advantages first and often enough only.
And aslong as many memberstates resist a further integration and closer union most of these failures and flaws won't be rectified. Funnily most anti-EUians fight such a closer union as if it would be the reinstation of the Sovietunion again.

So...please spare me the crocodiles tears of the EU-haters...as much as they love to point out the many flaws of the EU, they totally ignore the reason why they exist (the power of the individual member state) and at the same time fight against the only way to change these flaws (a closer union).

There is no real wish for a real discussion here...only the wish to see the project failed and the EU broken up. But then we can kiss the peace in Europe good bye...a high price, to high!

... he's a bit down in the dumps after this whole Brexit mess.

If I may add my two cents: I really doubt that many of the 52% who voted leave did so because of Spanish fishermen, French farmers and "financial audits".

Jan 30, 2008
Let's have an adult conversation. I am going to try very hard to get something of use from u... What is comical? Did you listen to the first 4 mins?
Try hard , I made it clear I thought it was comical, put across in a sarcastic twist ,look you're obviousley gutted we're leaving the EU but it isnt going to be all doom and gloom but if thats how you want to paint it you carry on but dont come to me questioning what I believe in and thats a flourishing UK out of the EU how long it takes I couldn't tell you but I'm sure not giving up like some on here :wave:
regards
DR

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Are you sure that means what you think it means? Do you think that's evidence of wide-scale fraud or something? That 'fact' is bandied around a lot by those against the EU but rarely with any explanation of what it means or why it's important.

There is clear evidence of widespread mis-spending of EU funds. This has been estimated at about £5.5billion annually - not much compared to the annual budget of over £100billion but enough to stop the auditors from giving a full, clean bill of health. see these articles....
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...udget/&usg=AFQjCNHEWSY_CywpUHWQevpmRe6IH4y4-g
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...g.html&usg=AFQjCNGpuwZg_2y72vVRVL_mCIqWuU95aA

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
But after the Scots voted to remain within the UK democracy (with a massively privileged position of having a semi-autonomous assembly and massive over-representation of the nationalist agenda at Westminster - 40-odd % of the vote and 90-odd % of the MPs; ability to vote on laws for England in areas that are governed from Edinburgh for Scotland, so that they can maximise their financial benefit from the Barnett formula?).
NI opinion polls are also consistently in favour of staying in the UK.

The current shenanigans from Jimmy Krankie and her ilk would be risible if they weren't so offensive, particularly when they rely on a "democracy" argument. What they're pleading is the antithesis of democracy and more contemptible than the '2nd referendum' crew by a mile.

When the Scots voted to stay in the UK, not even the most wildly ambitious Brexiter thought we'd actually vote to come out. I wouldn't have thought it even crossed their minds.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not a politician or a buisness man but I have total belief iin this country to make a go of it unlike your weak deafeatist attitude get over it you cant live in the past for ever
regards
DR

Yes, you are right, you can't live in the past can you Das Reich ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here