Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Reading?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh come on now, you're a grown man (I know because I've just looked at your LinkedIn profile...oddly, you don't seem to put pathetic stuff like that on it).

Tell me: have you ever heard of a Stockport fan named Jamie?

Oh, go on, let the hordes at him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
I'm so glad this thread keeps getting bumped by Reading fans, the irony is too much.

No no no. We are talking about reading fans, not Reading fans. readingstockport writes about reading fans, not a football fans as he refers to "reading" with a lower "r" so he is talking about his love of Bleak House, Hamlet, Thomas the Tank engine, Black Beauty etc not the football team at the mad jet ski.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Going back to the point of this thread, isn't it a bit TINPOT to trumpet that you've sold 22,500 tickets for the Burnley game:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/reading-vs-burnley-tickets-030514-1443925.aspx

I can't believe they STILL haven't managed to sell out.

Reading = the Wigan of the south.

I never really got why fans of one club ever decided to refer to fans of another club as tinpot. However, Brighton fans referring to anyone as tinpot be that Palace, Bournemouth or Reading is steaming in hypocrisy. Is it not somewhat tinpot to boast of the brilliance of your club's facilities, attendance figures, academy, players, manager, playing style, town etc all whilst forgetting that your rival is in the league above you, had the entirety of the media celebrating them as the best fans in the league, have a manager who (now Liverpool have blown the league) is likely to receive Manager of the Year, have played decent football, are going to finish far higher than any of them expected etc. Cos we all know its the number of fans a club has that matters right?

This club calling others tinpot is the same club who had a member of staff who was incapable of finding a toilet. An action that led to riling up the players of the opposition until they ripped them apart. This club who calls others tinpot were so scared that their fans were unable to make any kind of amosphere in the biggest game against their biggest rivals gave all their fans a set of clackers. Seems they were right, the Brighton fans made absolutely no noise all night in stark contrast to their singing a few days earlier of 'wembley, wembley' after a job only half done. The same club that boasts how wonderful their new stadium is and how everyone else's is either soulless or shit (thats the two options) forgetting that only a couple of years ago they had the worst stadium in the entire league and only got this one because uncle tony bought it for them.

I don't really like it when any clubs fans refer to another as tinpot but blimey if theres one club that really shouldn't refer to anyone else as tinpot its your outfit.
You can now insult our famous Holmesdale displays now but remember they're organised by, created by and resourced solely by our fans. Now look at how cringey yet another club organised display is...Brighton stop referring to others as tinpot, it keeps you as the laughing stock that you are.
brighton_hove_albion_flags_43657.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I never really got why fans of one club ever decided to refer to fans of another club as tinpot. However, Brighton fans referring to anyone as tinpot be that Palace, Bournemouth or Reading is steaming in hypocrisy. Is it not somewhat tinpot to boast of the brilliance of your club's facilities, attendance figures, academy, players, manager, playing style, town etc all whilst forgetting that your rival is in the league above you, had the entirety of the media celebrating them as the best fans in the league, have a manager who (now Liverpool have blown the league) is likely to receive Manager of the Year, have played decent football, are going to finish far higher than any of them expected etc. Cos we all know its the number of fans a club has that matters right?

This club calling others tinpot is the same club who had a member of staff who was incapable of finding a toilet. An action that led to riling up the players of the opposition until they ripped them apart. This club who calls others tinpot were so scared that their fans were unable to make any kind of amosphere in the biggest game against their biggest rivals gave all their fans a set of clackers. Seems they were right, the Brighton fans made absolutely no noise all night in stark contrast to their singing a few days earlier of 'wembley, wembley' after a job only half done. The same club that boasts how wonderful their new stadium is and how everyone else's is either soulless or shit (thats the two options) forgetting that only a couple of years ago they had the worst stadium in the entire league and only got this one because uncle tony bought it for them.

I don't really like it when any clubs fans refer to another as tinpot but blimey if theres one club that really shouldn't refer to anyone else as tinpot its your outfit.
You can now insult our famous Holmesdale displays now but remember they're organised by, created by and resourced solely by our fans. Now look at how cringey yet another club organised display is...Brighton stop referring to others as tinpot, it keeps you as the laughing stock that you are.
View attachment 53289

Surely the most TINPOT post on this thread.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Surely the most TINPOT post on this thread.

How sad have you got to be to get so worked up by what your rivals are saying about another club that you sit down and write an essay rebuking them on your rival's forum? COYP levels of sadness, that's how sad.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
How sad have you got to be to get so worked up by what your rivals are saying about another club that you sit down and write an essay rebuking them on your rival's forum? COYP levels of sadness, that's how sad.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1261892

Yes Buzzer its even worse to be so hypocritical that you have a cry about me being on your forum when you're all over ours :) I think that takes real levels of 'sadness' far more impressive than my own.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

View attachment 53289

tl;dr.

You are one sad **** for writing an essay that nobody gives a shit about, but you already knew that. You just keep enjoying your half-time bird show and tissue paper displays.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
"All over ours". 98 posts in 7 years and haven't posted in a year. Yeah - I'm obsessed.:ffsparr:

And I've been here 2 years...so 5 years less than you've been on the BBS. Quiet down the hypocrisy and I won't have to keep pointing it out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And I've been here 2 years...so 5 years less than you've been on the BBS. Quiet down the hypocrisy and I won't have to keep pointing it out.

You're not the full shilling, matey. The seven years shows how infrequently I posted there (and a fair few of those are to my old mucker, SJ's Love Monkey) and you really don't have to point out anythingin this thread or elsewhere. What you could do is piss off out of this thread as it doesn't concern you, Palace troll. Run along, eh?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Dont you worry child... you have the SOUL.... HA HA HA HA TINPOT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here