Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it now time to ban the mfe?

Ban it?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I like the twisted logic that says the trouble is all UAF fault. March for England always end up attacking non partisan bystanders.

you are quite right,at least the anti brigade kept only attacking the police after the MFE lot had left town and did not attack non partisan bystanders

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There could be another thread and poll.

is it time to ban the anti brigade from Brighton.

dangerousdave has confirmed they turned up to engage in acts of violence to counter acts of violence.

i doubt anyone could make the poll as crap and loaded as this though

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Who is 'dangerousdave' ?

Im fairly certain he wont be the leader of the anti fascist groups that were round about. So, not sure how he could 'confirm' anything on NSC.

If youre actually referring to me...then thats pretty funny....and rather silly.
Ive said consistantly...no violent racist neo nazis in the city....no violent left wing opposition.... that isnt me confirming anything...thats common sense...

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No because we are a democracy and allow freedom of speech. I wonder if you would ask the same question for any other marches ??... probably not.... and from what I can gather most of the trouble was caused by the left wingers who are just as nasty a bunch

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'm certain that the marchers will do enough to ridicule themselves of get bored and move elsewhere (hopefully). They don't have the guts to march in a place of a high Muslim population.

They went marching through Hyde in Manchester last year. Massive Muslim population in Hyde.

Bunch of idiots still. I wish they'd go through Hackney or Walthamstow? That might teach them better.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No because we are a democracy and allow freedom of speech. I wonder if you would ask the same question for any other marches ??... probably not.... and from what I can gather most of the trouble was caused by the left wingers who are just as nasty a bunch

I saw 'MFE' people coming from the Station at 11:00 chanting EDL, and trying to provoke fights along the way.... I saw them attack some students at the bottom of Duke street....
If youre naive enough to think this march is a matter of 'freedom of speech'....well, good luck with that.....
They say they are MFE, and nothing to do with EDL......but they are chanting EDL....
They are chanting 'no surrender to the taliban'.....not sure theres too many in Brighton, and considering NATO's withdrawal from Afghanistan a bit silly.

If anybody knows what their 'message' was that needs 'freedom of Speech' id love to hear what it was.
All i heard was stupidness, and references to Brightons gay population.

No far right racists, coming to Brighton with the advertised intent of causing problems....no far left will be there to oppose it...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I saw 'MFE' people coming from the Station at 11:00 chanting EDL, and trying to provoke fights along the way.... I saw them attack some students at the bottom of Duke street....
If youre naive enough to think this march is a matter of 'freedom of speech'....well, good luck with that.....
They say they are MFE, and nothing to do with EDL......but they are chanting EDL....
They are chanting 'no surrender to the taliban'.....not sure theres too many in Brighton, and considering NATO's withdrawal from Afghanistan a bit silly.

If anybody knows what their 'message' was that needs 'freedom of Speech' id love to hear what it was.

No far right racists, coming to Brighton with the advertised intent of causing problems....no far left will be there to oppose it...

I think that was probably both sides those students wouldn't have been there for no reason
So for the same reason the preachers who advise there followers on street corners to kill British soldiers should also be banned but as a country the government doesn't stop these either because of freedom of speech. If we just let them get on with it due to low numbers they would soon disappear anyway. They only carry on because the rabble rousers from the other side want to fight as well

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Ordinarily I would agree. However this march is not about freedom of speech, it is not making a point, it is just police protected thuggery. Having seen the 'marchers' up close on sunday and their behaviour it is quite clear that they were clearly up for a fight and nothing else.

Every year a small number of thugs are allowed to disrupt our city at VAST expense to no end whatsoever. Whilst I do not condone violent antifa activists, the provocation from the mfe was plain to see. Also the pre-march literature also gave a clear idea of the confrontational intentions behind the event.

In it's current form the MfE cannot be considered a legitimate protest. It is a bunch of unpleasant racists coming to piss off the liberals of Brighton. The organisers of the MfE should in my view have to justify why they feel Brighton is an appropriate venue for their gathering before the tax-payer has to shell out half a million quid to protect their little outing. Not to mention the businesses that lose a days takings as a result of this.

If it is to happen again, it should be routed in in a place where it causes the minimum inconvenience.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If it is to happen again, it should be routed in in a place where it causes the minimum inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

Off the end of the palace pier for both groups that would soon cool them all off

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
or just tell the Portsmouth led racist, violent neo nazis to hold their hate-fest in Portsmouth, and not Brighton.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brighton fans are set to be drawn into further controversy at the City Ground in Nottingham on Saturday when they start chanting "March For England"

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No. It is dying on it's arse as it is.

If I had the power to ban anything, I would ban the antis. Just ignore them. People are giving them too much credit. This is not the uprising of Naziism. It's just a handful of people, some Islamaphobes, some fancying a ruck and some with no idea how better to spend St Georges Day.

I'm certain that the marchers will do enough to ridicule themselves of get bored and move elsewhere (hopefully). They don't have the guts to march in a place of a high Muslim population.

Really ?? What evidence do you base this on ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23990854

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here