Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My personal feeling is to support the club if they have a genuine reason to believe there is a security risk. It would be good to be let know a little of the perceived risk as a courtesy rather than the terse response the club has so far made adn then you'll get your wish and this thread will die.

Apart from the inconvenience to people that like to take flasks of hot drinks to the football, the above paragraph makes total sense.

Have the people that deal in this sort of security/terrorism awareness (at government level) identified flasks as potential explosive devices? If yes, why is there not a total ban of them at all Premier League grounds (high profile)?

I think the club should at least publish more details behind this sudden crackdown which tends to penalise the elderly fans rather than hide behind 'health and safety'. Obviously we can't be told every single detail if there is a genuine security risk but we could be told where the recommendation for a ban originated.

If people were better informed by the club as to the detailed reasoning we probably wouldn't have such a massive thread about it!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Much as I regret not beimg able take flasks ( or glass bottles ) into the stadium, everyone knows that one cannot take hard objects to football. I would not want to see a ,linesman or player struck on the head by one... thrown by a fan in the heat of the moment.
To be frank, I think the compromise to allow food and drink ( none alcohol ) ft packaging is fair and shows that it is not just protecting the concession sales

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Because no one I know takes a flask to the football and I've never seen even one used in my bit of the WSU. Because if you can't go two hours without a lukewarm drink you made at home you may have a problem. Because everyone I've talked to about it couldn't give a fudge and would have preferred to focus on beating Man U and the third anniversary of Shoreham this week. Because this thread is about ten people complaining and everyone else taking the mickey......

Liar! :blush:

Not always but it has been known.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
sorry mate but i think youre talking bollox there , flasks at football are part of the fabric of the game that is slowly being torn away and turning it into the sanitised commercefest that we see a lot of the time , i hope im a long way away from taking a flask to football , but think of the annoying twot in the old days with a radio constantly shouting out scores , the programme that wasnt one big advert for the club megastore , the truly sh1t but much more "affordable" catering ,young kids being passed down to the front of the terraces ( that last bit is utter bollocks , ive never ever seen that [emoji38]ol:) and youll realise , i hope , that youre speaking out of turn.
I agree with some of what you were saying but flasks at football being a part of the fabric of the game? Seriously?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
ok so these flasks are potentially lethal explosive devices?

So I turn up with a flask to the first banned game about 2pm and I bet when it is confiscated the Steward puts it inside the stadium by the turnstile. If it was a device, that is the last place you would want it.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
ok so these flasks are potentially lethal explosive devices?

So I turn up with a flask to the first banned game about 2pm and I bet when it is confiscated the Steward puts it inside the stadium by the turnstile. If it was a device, that is the last place you would want it.

Exactly ......The flask ( as a potential IED) should be removed by an EOD ( Bomb disposal ) team at least 200 meters away to a sandbagged area....a cordon set up around the IED of at least 200 metres....and on and on.......its a bloody flask.....Im sure a terrorist would find a better way to smuggle in a bomb.....

Suicide vest for a start......how good are the pat downs at the turnstiles....

Now they will just be looking for flasks...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly ......The flask ( as a potential IED) should be removed by an EOD ( Bomb disposal ) team at least 200 meters away to a sandbagged area....a cordon set up around the IED of at least 200 metres....and on and on.......its a bloody flask.....Im sure a terrorist would find a better way to smuggle in a bomb.....

Then everyone could return to the sandbagged area to retrieve their flasks, after the game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Thank God for that, I thought you were going to start telling one of your war stories, when you mentioned sand bags :yawn::yawn::whistle:

Brightonrock01

May 22, 2017
Augusta, Ga, USA
This happens all the time over here in the USA, whenever we attend sporting or music events - they'll let you take one bottle of water in - they never tell you if there is a size limit, so I usually fill a 2 liter soda bottle :). Then they take away the top, so the trick is to have a spare bottle top in your pocket.

Works every time - vodka & soda is the best option - they can't smell the vodka, and it appears to be water :)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Because no one I know takes a flask to the football and I've never seen even one used in my bit of the WSU. Because if you can't go two hours without a lukewarm drink you made at home you may have a problem. Because everyone I've talked to about it couldn't give a fudge and would have preferred to focus on beating Man U and the third anniversary of Shoreham this week. Because this thread is about ten people complaining and everyone else taking the mickey......

Well I take a flask and you'll know me from the much loved fans forum, North Stand Chat. Super Steve Earle Jr takes one too, mind you he has a different moniker on NSC, so you may not know him so well:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here